South Canterbury Museum10 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 4 Perth St, Timaru Central, Timaru 7910, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 01:00 pm - 04:30 pm Details
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
South Canterbury Museum in Timaru is the perfect place to understand the regional history and heritage. From ancient specimens to modern artifacts and documents, the museum will walk you through the development of the South Canterbury region. Different fossils and other geological items will give you a chance to see how this region has evolved into a modern world slowly over the years. Interesting tale of a local resident who managed to build an aircraft in 1903 can also be understood here. Watch informative short films, be part of different hands-on activities, and take a tour of the past at this museum.
- South Canterbury Museum Address: 4 Perth St, Timaru Central, Timaru 7910, New Zealand
- South Canterbury Museum Timing: 01:00 pm - 04:30 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
19.23% of people who visit Timaru include South Canterbury Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
55.56% of people start their South Canterbury Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see South Canterbury Museum
66.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach South Canterbury Museum
People normally club together The Grosvenor and Movie Max while planning their visit to South Canterbury Museum.