Ayyappan TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 2, Lawsons Road, Cantonment, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620001, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4312461415
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Designed in authentic Kerala architecture with a traditional layout, the Sri Ayyappan Temple at Tiruchirappalli is one of the most popular temples in the city. The 50-feet tall statue is worshipped by devotees from all around the world. A meditation hall on the temple ground that can seat 100 people at a time, is one of the highlights of the temple and is perfect to spend a few moments in silence and prayer.
Apart from the main idol of Lord Ayappa, the temple also has shrines of Lord Ganapathi, Sri Bhagavathi Amman and Lord Nagaraja along with a shrine dedicated to the Navgrahas (9 planets that are believed to rule and affect different aspects of our lives). Try to visit the temple during a traditional Puja to truly get a feel of the place and to see the temple at its authentic best. A section of the temple has a variety of ancient stones collected from ruins from all over the country while a small park adds to the beauty of the grounds and is where the festive food offering ‘Annadana’ is arranged on special occasions. The temple follows ideologies of ‘peace and purity’ and has a calm and tranquil atmosphere and if you love spiritual spaces, a visit here is ideal after a long day of sightseeing around the city.
Ayyappan Temple Travel Tips
- It is customary to remove your footwear before entering the temple.
- Please wear modest clothes for the visit. Call up the place for information on dress code.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ayyappan Temple
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
How to Reach Ayyappan Temple
- By Bus : Court Bus Stop
- By taking an Auto-rickshaw
- Private Taxis are available for hire
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tiruchirappalli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tiruchirappalli and book an accommodation of your choice.