Our Lady Of Lourdes Church212 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Salai Road, Uraiyoor, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620002, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Located at the heart of St. Joseph’s College in Tiruchirappalli, the St. Lourdes Church stands out from its surrounding buildings owing to its beautiful Gothic architecture with elements of Norman styles seen in the pointed arches and round pillars. The church dates back to the late 19th century and is actually a replica of the famous Lady of Lourdes Church in France.
The exterior grabs your attention with an impressive Gothic tower, a number of small spires, intricate trimmings, a 90-feet tall bell tower and 5 statue of saints while the interiors charm you with a beautiful nave, a grand altar with a statue of Jesus on the Cross along with statues of other saints. main church tower itself is 220 feet tall while the smaller tower stands at a height of 120 feet. The stunning stained-glass windows that form the background of the altar and cover every rose window around the church, adds to the appeal of the place.
The interiors with pointed arches and stark pink borders and the sheer tranquil atmosphere, complete the church. Try to visit the place during the annual feasts or simply try to attend a mass here to see the church at its best.
Our Lady Of Lourdes Church Hours
- Monday- Friday: 5.30 am, 6.30 am, 6.30 pm
- Sunday: 5.15 am, 6.15 am, 7.30 am, 6.30 pm
- Thursdays 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm- Charismatic prayer service
- Fridays at 6.00 pm- Special novena for the Sacred Heart
- Saturdays at 6.00 pm- Rosary, litany, special mass of our Lady of Lourdes
- Sundays: 10.00 am to 1.00 pm, Evangelistic prayers for the power of the Holy Spirit
- 6.00 pm- exposition of the various books of the Bible
- 11th February: feast of our Lady of Lourdes (Novena, Special Mass, Car Procession in and around Mainguard Gate)
- 19th March: Feast of St. Joseph
- 31st July: Feast of St Ignatius
- 3rd December: Feat of St. Francis Xavier
How to Reach Our Lady Of Lourdes Church
- By Bus: Teppakulam Bus Stop
- By Train: Tiruchchirappalli Fort
- By taking an Auto-rickshaw.
- Private Taxis are available for hire.
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tiruchirappalli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tiruchirappalli and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Our Lady Of Lourdes Church Address: Salai Road, Uraiyoor, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620002, India
- Our Lady Of Lourdes Church Timing: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit Our Lady Of Lourdes Church(preferred time): 07:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Our Lady Of Lourdes Church: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
90.5% of people who visit Tiruchirappalli include Our Lady Of Lourdes Church in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
71.83% of people start their Our Lady Of Lourdes Church visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Our Lady Of Lourdes Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Our Lady Of Lourdes Church
People normally club together Brihadeeshwara Temple and Sikkal Singaravelar Temple while planning their visit to Our Lady Of Lourdes Church.