Tumburu TheerthamCurrently Open
- Address: Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh, Tirupati, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids
Apart from temples, Tirupati has a lot more in its kitty. For instance, the majestic watercourse adds up to the beautification of the temple. And one name that comes up with other famous watercourse is Tumburu Theertham. The history of this watercourse dates back to the vedic age. The story says that Gandharva curse sage Agastya’s lazy wife and she was transformed into a toad. Later when sage Agastya returned, the toad took the form of Gandharva and from then this pond got its name.
When you visit the pond, the lake’s calm and serene water will tempt you to dive into it. So, if you do so carry extra clothes as a backup plan.
Tumburu Theertham Travel Tips
- This place can be reached only via trekking from Papa Vinasanam&Kalyani Dam.
- Carry enough drinking water and food along with yourself.
- People who are not comfortable with long hours walking, should avoid this trek.
- Wear hiking shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tumburu Theertham
- Entry is free.
Tumburu Theertham Hours
- Morning hours are recommended for trekking.
How to Reach Tumburu Theertham
- By trekking.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tirupati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tirupati and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Tumburu Theertham Address: Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh, Tirupati, India
- Tumburu Theertham Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Tumburu Theertham(preferred time): 07:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Tumburu Theertham: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.14% of people who visit Tirupati include Tumburu Theertham in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.5% of people start their Tumburu Theertham visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tumburu Theertham
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tumburu Theertham
People normally club together Sri Vari Museum and Sri Veda Narayanaswami Temple while planning their visit to Tumburu Theertham.
Tumburu Theertham Reviews & Ratings
When will close tumburu theertham .Answer Report Abuse