About Venkateswara Temple, Tirupati
When the question comes about the holiest city in India, Tirupati tops the list. And this beautiful city is simply unimaginable without the existence of the famous Tirumala Temple (Sri VenkateswaraSwamyVaari Temple). Stand majestically at the peak of Tirumala Hills, this stunning temple sheerly decors the skyline of the city.
The popularity of this temple is not only because of its rich religious heritage. Its awe inspiring Dravidian style architecture is also responsible in attracting visitors throughout the year. Till date, it has been estimated that nearly 30-40millions pilgrims visit this temple every year to get darshan (visit) of the famous idol of Lord Venkateswara (incarnation of Lord Vishnu). And the best part of this religious place is they still follow the 11th – 12th century old traditional rituals that was mentioned by the respected saint Ramanujacharya. If you reach there around 3am in the morning, you can hear Suprabhatam (the morning prayers) that is sung to awaken the Lord.
Hence, a trip to Tirupati will be incomplete unless you pay a visit to this religious site.
Venkateswara Temple Information
- If you have plans to stay back in Tirupati, book your accommodation in advance.
- Bathe and wear clean clothes before entering the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Respect and promote religious sentiments while at Tirumala.
- Deposit your offering only in the Hundi.
- Don’t carry much jewelry and cash with your.
- Don’t throw away the prasadam and teertham given to you in the temple.
- Don’t try to break through the queue.
- Avoid carrying any weapons.
Venkateswara Temple Tickets Prices
- Special Entrance: Rs 20
- VIP Darshan: Rs 100
Venkateswara Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- For the detailed schedule of darshan timing, visit the official website.
How To Get To Venkateswara Temple by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Stop: Vaikuntam Queue Complex 2 Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tirupati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tirupati and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: S Mada St, Tirumala, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517504
Ticket Price: 20 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 02:30 am - 11:59 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture , Hill
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Venkateswara Temple, Tirupati
One needs to pay MONEY $$ to see GOD in this temple. Foreigner, are only allowed to enter, after 12 pm and your identity will be verified by unfriendly, rude and staring staffs. You will be going through 3 scanning processes and body check. Why do they have to touch private parts during body check? You will be forced to donate 300 rupees at the so called "Donor Cell" after verification process. Another humorous matter is, an emergency phone number was announced while walking in the "cage cell" but you are not allowed to bring along your phone! How do we contact the emergency line when the phone is not with us?The management should think well and thoroughly before coming up with "policies". We went to see my Our GOD but pushed away by the so called religious smelly "skunks" at the main sanctum. Probably had 2 seconds to see My GOD. I traveled from far just to have unpleasant experiences. To the management and temple staffs, you all are not GOD. GOD is watching your deeds.
Very nice holy experience. Very well organised. Clean and good facilities. Prasadam is a great experience. Never to be missed. ((((- The staff and the priests inside are very rough and rude , no matter how well behaved you are , especially to North Indians to a point where it can be called Racism. ))))-They need to learn to behave nicely. This is the only reason I desist from frequent visits.
Very beautiful and peaceful. System is good. If you don't want to go into crowded lines. You can pay 300 advance online. Special darshan booking.
Good temple. Rush is too much , but they handle it very nicely. The laddu offered here is also good. But the fact they reserve the entry by charging you a hefty amount is not good thing for such a holy place . The way up to there is also very good .
It's like heaven. Visiting such a fabulous place was my dream and I achieved.may god bless us all with lots of success and happiness in our entire life.
- Other Attractions
- Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Thirumalain Nayakar Mahal
- Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Koodal Azhagar Temple
- Alagar Koyil
- Samanar Caves
- Puthu Mandapam
- Aayiram Kaal Mandapam
- Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- Gorippalayam Dargah
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Meenakshi Amman Temple
- 5 Star Hotels Near Thirumalain Nayakar Mahal
- 5 Star Hotels Near Gandhi Memorial Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Koodal Azhagar Temple
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Alagar Koyil
- 5 Star Hotels Near Samanar Caves
- Luxury Hotels Near Puthu Mandapam
- Cheap Hotels Near Aayiram Kaal Mandapam
- Luxury Hotels Near Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Gorippalayam Dargah
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Delhi, Madurai, Chennai, Tirumala, Rameshwaram, Srisailam
- Trip to Madurai, Chennai, Tirumala, Rameshwaram, Srisailam
- Trip to Pune, Chennai, Tirumala, Tiruchirappalli
- Trip to Madurai, Chennai
- Trip to Tirumala
- Trip to Hyderabad, Tirumala
- Trip to Agra
- Trip to Tirumala
- Trip to Tirumala
- Trip to Tirumala