Venkateswara Temple400 Votes Currently Open
- Address: S Mada St, Tirumala, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517504, India
- Timings: 02:30 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8772277777
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture , Hill
When the question comes about the holiest city in India, Tirupati tops the list. And this beautiful city is simply unimaginable without the existence of the famous Tirumala Temple (Sri VenkateswaraSwamyVaari Temple). Stand majestically at the peak of Tirumala Hills, this stunning temple sheerly decors the skyline of the city.
The popularity of this temple is not only because of its rich religious heritage. Its awe inspiring Dravidian style architecture is also responsible in attracting visitors throughout the year. Till date, it has been estimated that nearly 30-40millions pilgrims visit this temple every year to get darshan (visit) of the famous idol of Lord Venkateswara (incarnation of Lord Vishnu). And the best part of this religious place is they still follow the 11th – 12th century old traditional rituals that was mentioned by the respected saint Ramanujacharya. If you reach there around 3am in the morning, you can hear Suprabhatam (the morning prayers) that is sung to awaken the Lord.
Hence, a trip to Tirupati will be incomplete unless you pay a visit to this religious site.
Venkateswara Temple Travel Tips
- If you have plans to stay back in Tirupati, book your accommodation in advance.
- Bathe and wear clean clothes before entering the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Respect and promote religious sentiments while at Tirumala.
- Deposit your offering only in the Hundi.
- Don’t carry much jewelry and cash with your.
- Don’t throw away the prasadam and teertham given to you in the temple.
- Don’t try to break through the queue.
- Avoid carrying any weapons.
Entrance Ticket Details For Venkateswara Temple
- Special Entrance: Rs 20
- VIP Darshan: Rs 100
Venkateswara Temple Hours
- For the detailed schedule of darshan timing, visit the official website.
How to Reach Venkateswara Temple
- Nearby Bus Stop: Vaikuntam Queue Complex 2 Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tirupati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tirupati and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.79% of people who visit Tirupati include Venkateswara Temple in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
70.59% of people start their Venkateswara Temple visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Venkateswara Temple
76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Venkateswara Temple