Tourism in Tofino is on the rise since past few years. Blessed with a pleasant climate, this Tree loving Capital of the World enjoys a pleasant weather for most months of the year.
Tofino sees the most crowds from June through September people from all around the globe flock to the beaches and enjoy various water sports and other adventurous activities. Even in the off season, travel to Tofino gifts its visitors with unforgettable experiences Whale, Storm and Bird watching!
It is also considered the romantic getaway perfect place to profess your love, get married or as a honeymoon destination with various remote spots along the beach or amid the forests!
Essential travel information and Tofino tips for your visit
- Always carry umbrella and other monsoon gear as the City experiences rains throughout the year. Also, do make it a point to wear a sunscreen all the time as you might get sunburn especially while enjoying the water activities.
- Be careful of the rip currents while out in the Ocean for a swim or surf.
- Keep an eye out for the floating logs as you might injure yourself while out in the Ocean, if not careful.
- Do not attempt to go on a hike all by yourself it might be dangerous.
- If driving around the City on your own, then be careful of the roads as there are many sharp turns.
- If you would like to learn about the events in the City or are looking for something look for the notice boards like one in Common Loaf Bake shop it generally has all the information from used goods, places to stay and many more.
- Hug a tree Hug Tofino’s 800 year old tree near Jamie’s Whaling Station. Tofino Natural Heritage Society was created to preserve this tree.
- Whale and Storm watching definitely not worth the miss! You will not regret it.