How to Reach Tofino
- By Air: There are no direct international flights to Tofino. You can fly down till some of the nearby airports Vancouver, Victoria, Comox Valley or Seattle Tacoma Airport and then take a charter flight to Tofino. Some of the service provides are Orca Airways, K.D Air from Vancouver; Island Express Air from Victoria; or a seaplane with Tofino Air/ Atleo Air.
- By Car: If you are planning to drive down to Tofino, hop onto a BC Ferry to Nanaimo from either of the bays near Vancouver Horseshoe Bay takes approximately 2 hours and drops the passengers at Departure Bay at Nanaimo. Horseshoe Bay is located to the north of Vancouver. Tsawwassen takes approximately 2.5 hours and drop the passengers at Duke Point.
- Driving Directions from Nanaimo: Get onto Highway 19 and head north for 43 kilometers take Exit 60 onto Highway 4 and head west for 156 kilometers travel westward till you reach the junction between Tofino and Ucluelet take a right and drive north to Tofino for around 28 kilometers.
- By Cycle: If you drove down, then you already have a way of getting around an exploring the City make sure you keep yourself updated about the road closures and other highway information through Drive BC (http://www.drivebc.ca/)
- By Bus/Cycle: Public transport is an excellent choice, they have scheduled services and also to nearby Cities. There is a solution to the seasonal rush Tofino Bus transit (http://www.tofinobus.com/transit/) providing a convenient way to travel during peak season. You can rent a bike as well get detailed information at http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/BikeBC/.
|Ucluelet to Tofino||40.98 km||40 mins|
|Powell river to Tofino||159.05 km||2 hours 39 mins|
|Sechelt to Tofino||239.18 km||3 hours 59 mins|
|Victoria to Tofino||284.88 km||4 hours 44 mins|
|Richmond to Tofino||307.21 km||5 hours 7 mins|
|Vancouver to Tofino||308.75 km||5 hours 8 mins|
|Burnaby to Tofino||325.83 km||5 hours 25 mins|
|Whistler to Tofino||332.53 km||5 hours 32 mins|
|Surrey to Tofino||338.7 km||5 hours 38 mins|