- Address: Japan, Yubinbango110-0005 Tokyo, Taito, Ueno, 6 Chome-11, Ueno 6 -chome, 3-11
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Streets
Ameyoko is one of the best and busiest streets located alongside the tracks between Okachimachi and Ueno Stations. The word Ameyoko came from the word "Ameya Yokocho" which literally translates to candy store alley. The place is like a shopper’s dream come true and sells everything from bags to cosmetics and even food products. So pick up your shopping bags and shop till you drop! The place also has street vendors that sell amazing delicacies.
Ameyoko Travel Tips
- Visit on weekday mornings to avoid crowds.
- Many stores are closed on specific Wednesdays.
How to Reach Ameyoko
- Take a train from Ueno-Okachimachi Station.
- Take a taxi or rental to the location.
- Ikkenme Sakaba Ueno Ameyoko
- Jumbo Doner Kebab
- Minato ya
- Iseroku Ueno
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.69% of people who visit Tokyo include Ameyoko in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
33.59% of people start their Ameyoko visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ameyoko
94.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ameyoko