Events and Festivals in Tokyo
Events and Festivals in Tokyo
Many festivals occur during the year in Tokyo, many of which are centered around a specific Shinto Shrine.
- Kanda Matsuri: One of the large Shinto festivals of the city, it is held on the weekend around May 15th at the Kanda Shrine. A large parade that includes mikoshi porters and floats. Odd-numbered years.
- Sanja Matsuri: Every year, the third weekend in May sees this wild festival take place at the Asakusa Shrine with portable mikoshi shrines and traditional music and dance.
- Sanno Matsuri: Celebrating the city’s rulers in mid-June, this festival. Events during a week happen at the Hie Shrine. Tea ceremonies and traditional music and dance take place. Happens in even-numbered years.
- Tokyo Jazz Festival: An annual two day event which showcases performers from around the globe.
- Tokyo Summer Festival: An annual international music festival that invites artists from around the world to perform in Japan and has a different theme each year.
- Shimokitazawa: This area is not frequented by the normal tourist crowds. Instead, the bohemian ambiance play host to street musicians and a bustling little community of artists and dive bar patrons. Great little food joints hide away down thin alleyways, beckoning you in. There are thousands of hotels throughout the city, and visitors will have to choose depending on where they wish to be located. Plenty of backpacker and budget hostels are available, just remember to read reviews thoroughly.
Trip plans for Tokyo
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Tokyo Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Tokyo
607 Reviews Duration: 4 Hrs
See Tokyo's highlights on a 4-hour sightseeing tour — a perfect introduction to the first-time visitor or someone with ...
164 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Get an overview of Tokyo on a 3.5-hour morning sightseeing tour of the citys cultural and shopping highlights. This fast-pace...
1050 Reviews Duration: 11 Hrs
Explore the scenic shrines and breathtaking countryside of Nikko National Park on a relaxing day trip from Tokyo. Famous for ...
New on TripHobo Duration: 3 Hrs
cherry Blossom season in Tokyo is so beautiful, and even more so in the evening when lanterns and lights turn the tree-lined ...
USD 135Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Tokyo
- Events & Festivals in Obuse
- Events & Festivals in Kurihashi
- Events & Festivals in Gifu City Clinics
- Events & Festivals in Tamamura
- Events & Festivals in Sakaki
- Events & Festivals in Kamifukuoka
- Events & Festivals in Higashisuna
- Events & Festivals in Hiyoshi
- Events & Festivals in Tokyo Japan Temple - The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints
- Events & Festivals in Oizumi
- Events & Festivals in Shimotakeda
- Events & Festivals in Ochiai
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Kirkpatrick-fleming
- Events & Festivals in Killarney
- Events & Festivals in La Pocatière
- Events & Festivals in Hannut
- Events & Festivals in Melayu
- Events & Festivals in Whitmore
- Events & Festivals in Bloomsdale
- Events & Festivals in Garber
- Events & Festivals in Kotul
- Events & Festivals in Vonda