How to Reach Tokyo, Japan
The Easiest Way to Reach Tokyo
HOW TO GET TO TOKYO
- By Air: All international flights to Tokyo land at Narita airport and the domestic flights at Haneda airport.
- By Rail: Tokyo is well connected to other cities by high speed Shinkansen train service. There are various services and trains have different schedule – do make it a point to obtain the details before your travel.
- By Car: Traveling to Tokyo in Car is not the best way due to heavy traffic and hefty parking service in the City.
- By Bus: Tokyo is accessible by bus as well – JR and private bus companies have services connecting the City to its neighbours and further. Although a train journey might be more convenient.
- By Boat: Tokyo has domestic ferry services. From port you can take a bus to reach to the City.
HOW TO GET AROUND TOKYO
- Walking: Trying to tackle the whole city on foot is a daunting task. Better to use public transportation to arrive in a district, see it on foot, and then continue with transport.
- Cycling: Some roads have dedicated bicycle lanes. It is a common form of transportation, especially for sightseeing.
- Car: Tokyo is the largest city in the world, and as such it is not recommendable to use a car. Parking is expensive, especially at popular sites, and road traffic can be hectic.
- Bus: There are a few dozen bus companies that maintain bus routes in Tokyo. It serves as a complementary system to the principle train system. You could also take a tour with one of the Tokyo sightseeing bus services. Pay buses with exact change in yen.
- Train: Traveling around in a train can be a wonderful experience as subway system is the largest in the world, and it is the main mode of transportation for its 30 million inhabitants. The system is clean and efficient.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Tokyo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Tokyo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Tokyo. The most preferred mode of transport in Tokyo is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 15.52 km Average time: 40.54 min
Train/Metro 54.55%Train 34.38 min Walking 10.04 min Waiting 3.48 min Bus 0.83 min Overall average time for 21.02 kms 48.73 min
Car 9.09%Driving 27 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 16.2 kms 27.25 min
Bike 2.27%Bike 25 min Overall average time for 6 kms 25 min
Walking 22.73%Walking 17.6 min Train 7.8 min Waiting 1.8 min Bus 1 min Overall average time for 5.37 kms 28.2 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.55%Bus 24 min Walking 7 min Waiting 3 min Overall average time for 5.9 kms 34 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Tokyo
- How to reach Chiba
- How to reach Yokosuka
- How to reach Narita
- How to reach Hakone
- How to reach Nikko
- How to reach Nagaoka
- How to reach Takayama
- How to reach Nagoya-shi
- How to reach Kanazawa-shi
- How to Reach Top Cities in Japan
- How to reach Kyoto
- How to reach Nara
- How to reach Hiroshima
- How to reach Sapporo-shi
- How to reach Akita
- How to reach Fukuoka-shi
- How to reach Ritto
- How to reach Matsushiromachi Joto
- How to reach Daigo
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Biebrich
- How to reach Avis
- How to reach Borough Green