Mount FujiCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: Mt. Fuji, Shizuoka Prefecture,Japan., Tokyo
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 04:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Hiking Trail, Rock Climbing, Nature
Mount Fuji is the symbol of Japan and is one of the most beautiful sights in the world. The near perfect conical shape of the volcanic cone and the climb to the top is a journey that is sure to change your life. The climb can be started off during the latter part of the day, camping on the mountain and then continuing to catch the sunrise at the peak. The trip can be a little strenuous due to constant exposure to the sun but it's worth the effort once you reach the top. There are a lot of tourists as well as locals who climb the mountain and it is a journey that builds a sense of unity and is a unique experience. The ride back to Tokyo in the bullet train is also recommended.
A visit to Mount Fuji is possible if you follow this Tokyo itinerary 5 days.
Mount Fuji Travel Tips
- Healthy and active people can do this trek well. Wear sports clothing and enough jackets to keep warm.
- You will need a flashlight if climbing at night and snacks and water to keep you hydrated.
- There is a high possibility of getting altitude sickness so regular stops are recommended.
How to Reach Mount Fuji
- Train station Yoshihara Hon Station.
- Bistro Suzuko
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.13% of people who visit Tokyo include Mount Fuji in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
63.2% of people start their Mount Fuji visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Mount Fuji
92.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Fuji