About Roppongi, Tokyo
Roppongi, Tokyo - Address
Address: Roppongi, Tokyo
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 180K times in trip plans
Hotel, Bar, Dance Club, Pubs, Restaurant, Shopping Center, Neighborhoods , Streets, Nightlife
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Roppongi is one of Tokyo's high end shopping and nightlife areas. The name literally means "6 trees" and legend has it that 6 old, large trees were at the center of this area but have long been destroyed in World War II. Post-World War II, this area was inhabited by foreigners and business catering to them but Japanese customers followed soon after. This area is uber-hip and has dance clubs, restaurants and bars. For those of you who like darts and a game of pool, Roppongi's bars do arrange a wide range of competitions for the same. Roppngi Hills is a plush building complex with hotels, shops and a movie theater and even an art museum.
- Be dressed for partying. Be careful of your drinks and money. Tokyo midtown is another large complex with Ritz Carlton- Tokyo hotel and shops with the trendiest items. This complex has another beautiful art gallery called the Suntory Museum of Art.
- The National Center of Art is one of the biggest museums of Japan but it doesn't have permanent exhibits but it more of a changing exhibit.
- There are many foreign embassies in this area and this diversity is on display with the number of food outlets giving you a taste from countries far and wide. Not just that, if you know anything about hanging out in Japan, then you can't miss Karaoke bars in Roppongi where they have have a good range of songs and is a fun way to unwind.
How To reach Roppongi by Public Transport
- Train: Roppongi Station- Marunouchi and Hibiya Subway Lines via Kasumigaseki Station or Oedo Subway Line
Restaurants Near Roppongi
- Lilla Dalarna
- R2 Supperclub
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Roppongi, Tokyo Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Shibuya Cross Tower Parking Lot
- Ramen-tei Asakusa
- Shinjuku Mitsui Building
- The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints Tokyo 1st Ward
- 1 Chome Toranomon
- Tokyo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tokyo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tokyo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tokyo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tokyo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tokyo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tokyo