About Roppongi, Tokyo
Roppongi is one of Tokyo's high end shopping and nightlife areas. The name literally means "6 trees" and legend has it that 6 old, large trees were at the center of this area but have long been destroyed in World War II. Post-World War II, this area was inhabited by foreigners and business catering to them but Japanese customers followed soon after. This area is uber-hip and has dance clubs, restaurants and bars. For those of you who like darts and a game of pool, Roppongi's bars do arrange a wide range of competitions for the same. Roppngi Hills is a plush building complex with hotels, shops and a movie theater and even an art museum.
- Be dressed for partying. Be careful of your drinks and money. Tokyo midtown is another large complex with Ritz Carlton- Tokyo hotel and shops with the trendiest items. This complex has another beautiful art gallery called the Suntory Museum of Art.
- The National Center of Art is one of the biggest museums of Japan but it doesn't have permanent exhibits but it more of a changing exhibit.
- There are many foreign embassies in this area and this diversity is on display with the number of food outlets giving you a taste from countries far and wide. Not just that, if you know anything about hanging out in Japan, then you can't miss Karaoke bars in Roppongi where they have have a good range of songs and is a fun way to unwind.
How To Get To Roppongi by Public Transport
- Train: Roppongi Station- Marunouchi and Hibiya Subway Lines via Kasumigaseki Station or Oedo Subway Line
Restaurants Near Roppongi
- Lilla Dalarna
- R2 Supperclub
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Roppongi Tickets And Tours
See Tokyo's highlights on a 4-hour sightseeing tour — a perfect introduction to the first-time visitor or someone with limited time. A professional guide escorts you by comfortable coach to cultural attractions such as Meiji Jingu Shrine, Imperial Palace East Garden and Asakusa Kannon Temple (aka Senso-ji). You'll also spy colorful Nakamise shopping street and drive through the Ginza district on your morning city tour through Tokyo, which includes pickup from selected hotels.
Discover the highlights of Tokyo on a full-day guided tour, the perfect introduction to the city. Visit Meiji Shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, stroll the gardens of the Imperial Palace, and spend time at Asakusa Kannon Temple (Senso-ji), Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple. See shopping areas like Nakamise Shopping Street and the Ginza district, then enjoy a boat cruise on Tokyo Bay. Your experienced guide shares the history and culture of Tokyo as you explore the ancient and modern aspects of this bustling city.
Get an overview of Tokyo on a 3.5-hour morning sightseeing tour of the cityâÂÂs cultural and shopping highlights. This fast-paced tour is great for those who are short on time. With a guide who provides full narration during the tour, visit attractions like Tokyo Tower, Asakusa Kannon Temple and stop for photos outside the Imperial Palace. Entrance fees are included.
Explore the scenic shrines and breathtaking countryside of Nikko National Park on a relaxing day trip from Tokyo. Famous for its stunning beauty amid natural surroundings, Nikko has been a center of Shinto and Buddhist mountain worship for centuries. With an informative guide, visit the ornate complex of Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site decorated with wood carvings and gold leaf. Upgrade for a Japanese lunch, and then take in more sights at Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Falls. Enjoy round-trip coach transport, including hotel pickup.
Share your experience - Rate Roppongi, Tokyo
- Other Attractions
- Batumi Boulevard
- Botanical Garden
- Europe Square
- Monument Ali And Nino
- Argo Cable Car
- Batumi Piazza
- Alphabetic Tower
- 6 May Park
- Bridge Makhuntseti
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Cheap Hotels Near Dolphinarium
- Luxury Hotels Near Batumi Boulevard
- 5 Star Hotels Near Botanical Garden
- 5 Star Hotels Near Europe Square
- 5 Star Hotels Near Monument Ali And Nino
- Budget Hotels Near Argo Cable Car
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Batumi Piazza
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Alphabetic Tower
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near 6 May Park
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bridge Makhuntseti
- City Tripplans
- Tokyo Itinerary 5 Days
- Tokyo Itinerary 3 Days
- Tokyo Itinerary 4 Days
- Tokyo Itinerary 7 Days
- Tokyo Itinerary 6 Days
- Tokyo Itinerary 2 Days
- Tokyo Itinerary 1 Day
- 10 Days Itinerary Japan
- Japan Itinerary 2 Weeks
- 52 Day Trip to Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia from Zurich