- Address: Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Bar, Dance Club, Pubs, Restaurant, Shopping Center, Neighborhoods , Streets, Nightlife
Roppongi is one of Tokyo's high end shopping and nightlife areas. The name literally means "6 trees" and legend has it that 6 old, large trees were at the center of this area but have long been destroyed in World War II. Post-World War II, this area was inhabited by foreigners and business catering to them but Japanese customers followed soon after. This area is uber-hip and has dance clubs, restaurants and bars. For those of you who like darts and a game of pool, Roppongi's bars do arrange a wide range of competitions for the same. Roppngi Hills is a plush building complex with hotels, shops and a movie theater and even an art museum.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Tokyo itinerary 1 day.
- Be dressed for partying. Be careful of your drinks and money. Tokyo midtown is another large complex with Ritz Carlton- Tokyo hotel and shops with the trendiest items. This complex has another beautiful art gallery called the Suntory Museum of Art.
- The National Center of Art is one of the biggest museums of Japan but it doesn't have permanent exhibits but it more of a changing exhibit.
- There are many foreign embassies in this area and this diversity is on display with the number of food outlets giving you a taste from countries far and wide. Not just that, if you know anything about hanging out in Japan, then you can't miss Karaoke bars in Roppongi where they have have a good range of songs and is a fun way to unwind.
- Train: Roppongi Station- Marunouchi and Hibiya Subway Lines via Kasumigaseki Station or Oedo Subway Line
- Lilla Dalarna
- R2 Supperclub
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Tokyo include Roppongi in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.75% of people start their Roppongi visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Roppongi
92.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Roppongi