Shinjuku Gyoen National GardenCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: 11 Naito-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0014, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-333500151
- Ticket Price: 200 JPY
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden - Review
Originally the residence of a royal family during the Edo era, Shinjuku Gyoen is one of the most beautiful gardens in the country. The lawns are lush green and with trees that are changing color in fall or pink during spring. The garden is a blend of 3 landscaping styles of the French Formal Garden, English Landscape Garden and Japanese Traditional Garden that together bring in a flavour that is unique and a new level of relaxing. It is an oasis in the city of Tokyo. The Greenhouse as a collection of plants and trees from around Japan and has been contributing to a wide range of plant life in the city. See how you can accommodate this attraction in your tokyo itinerary 3 days.
It is the ideal place for Flower viewing season i.e. Spring when the Cherry blossoms are in full bloom and when the season change and the leaves change colour. It is relaxing with its water features. It is a good picnic spot and perfect for photography buffs.
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden Information
- Disabled access available and entry is free of charge with one caretaker. Guard and assistance dogs are also allowed for such visitors.
- Wheelchairs available free of charge.
- Drinking, playing loud music or musical instruments is not allowed on the grounds.
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden Ticket Prices
- Adults (15years+): 200 yen
- Children (upto 14 years): 150 yen
How To reach Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden by Public Transport
- Train: JR KeioOdakyu line Shinjuku Station -10 min walk from the south exit
- Bus: 97 Shinagawa-Shinjuku “Shinjuku 2 Chrome”
Restaurants Near Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
- Ristorante Specchio
- Saya Okonomiyaki
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
95% of people who visit Tokyo include Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
63.31% of people start their Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
90.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden Map
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden Trips
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, Tokyo Reviews
It's a truly beautiful garden that takes features from the East and West and blends them together wonderfully in a single space. Having arrived at 330 while the gates closed at 430, our visit was rushed, but we got to enjoy sections of the park where there were nearly no people! This is truly a must visit if you're in the area, especially since the gate fee is only 200 yen per person. We got really lucky and found the molt of a rhinoceros beetle! I highly recommend making the visit here!
Our 1st time and also 1st experience with a Japanese Garden and viewing up close of the Cherry Blossom. Great place for a walk (and picnic) with family and friends, and for tourists too. Was a little early in the season as there were still some trees that were not fully blossomed but we had a wonderful time. Spent a few hours in the park admiring the vast open space, the flora and fauna. Great place to visit.
Such a beautiful park. There is a fee to enter but is well worth it. The day i went there were a bunch of school children, over 200, doing paintings. There were a few small places selling food and of course vending machines for drinks. What a peaceful park to visit, wish I would have seen the flowers blossoming.
This garden is really large and has beautiful landscaping. Because of its size and because they charge money for admission and don't allow alcohol, it's not too crowded during cherry blossom season. It's a great place to come for a chill picnic or to walk around and take pictures. There is a little shop in the garden that sells snacks and drinks, and there are many wonderful photo spots. Easily walkable from several train stations in the area.
This garden is beautiful. Totally worth the ¥200!! You can spend hours wandering and taking pictures. The fields are covered in people taking naps, having picnics, it's amazing. It is busy, but never feels too crowded, and there is always a fun path you can wander down and be alone. The greenhouse is a must visit as well, the exotic plants and waterfall. It's so much fun.
All QuestionsShinjuku gyoen national garden
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal