Are you looking for what to do in Tokyo?
- Shibuya: Tokyo’s central business district, the area is globally recognizable for its neon signs and commanding skyscrapers. Great nightlife as well. One of the best places to visit in Tokyo.
- Tsukiji Fish Market: This is the largest fish market in the world. Visitors will find a wholesale market bursting with activity. Watch fish cut by band saws. Free.
- Odaiba Island: An artificial island where the only accessible seashore is located. Many other small islands can be seen, some with ruins of ancient cannon batteries.
- Tokyo National Museum: Located in Ueno Park, this is Japan’s biggest museum. Exhibits centre on Japanese art. The building is also impressive, as it is the oldest museum in the country as well. One of the places you must visit while in Japan.
- Tokyo Sky Tree: Broadcasting tower and tallest structure in Japan. Best views of the city, and a restaurant on the top floor offers fine dining.
- Meiji Shrine: Shinto shrine that was constructed for Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken. Perfect place to relax with 700,000 square meters of forest.
OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST IN TOKYO
- Rainbow Bridge - stroll on the walkways of this beautiful suspension bridge to enjoy the panoramic view of Tokyo’s waterfront area.
- Harajuku - For shopaholics, this fashion and designing district is a heaven. Located right at the center of the city, this region is famous for street fashion and fashion shops.
- Tokyo Disneyland - This theme park is a perfect weekend getaway for tourists who are travelling with kids.
- Tokyo Tower - One of the best known towers in the world and is said to be the second tallest structure in Japan. Visit the main observatory via elevator to get an interesting view of the city.
- Roppongi - If you wish to see the vibrant nightlife of Tokyo, this is place you should come to. Here, you get to see the vibrant night club scene.
- Tokyo Dome - Extensive entertainment city that identifies Tokyo. It is a multipurpose stadium where different types of events are staged throughout the year.
- Roppongi Hills - Often referred as city within the city. It is a district where corporate buildings, apartments, shops, restaurants, hotels, art museum and observation deck are located in the same region.
- Yoyogi Park - It is one of the largest parks in Tokyo. It is this place where the first successful powered aircraft flight took place.
- Yasukuni Shrine - This shrine was founded to honor the people who died in the First Sino-Japanese War, the Russo-Japanese War, the First World War, the Manchurian Incident, the Second Sino-Japanese War and the Pacific War.
- Shinjuku Gyoen - Move away from the hustle and bustle of the city and take a walk into this beautiful park. The spacious lawns, meandering walking paths and the tranquil scenery let you shake off all the stresses from your mind and enjoy a leisure time.
- Tokyo National Museum - It is the largest art museum in Japan housing collection of artworks and archeological objects of Asia that were made on Japan.
- Tokyo Imperial Palace - Visit this historical site which used to be the residence of the Imperial Family of Japan.
- Ueno Zoo - Visit this oldest zoo in Japan where you get to see Japanese animals like sika deer, Yezo brown bears, and Japanese macaque and many other animals from all around the world.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building - If you wish to capture the best panoramic view of Tokyo, climb up the observation deck of this building.
- Edo Castle - Visit this historical castle which used to be the residence of Tokugawa shoguns who ruled Japan for 260 years
- Edo-Tokyo Museum - Visit this museum to learn about the history of the Edo period. Make sure you see the permanent exhibitions where life-size replica of the Nihonbashi are put on display.
Below we have a list of things to do in Tokyo and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Tokyo getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Tokyo with confidence.