Toshogu Shrine665 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 9-88 Uenokoen, Taito City, Tokyo 110-0007, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-338223455
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Architecture
Toshogu Shrine (Taito)is a Shinto shrine that enshrines the first Shogun of the Tokugawa Shogunate, Tokugawa Ieyasu. The shrine has beautiful exteriors and exhibits amazing architecture. Visit the destination and get to see some of the most traditional buildings in the city. The shrine went under reconstruction in 1651but has maintained most of its Edo feel and architecture. So pay the place a friendly visit and indulge in spirituality and religiousness in a totally different way.
Toshogu Shrine Travel Tips
- Dressing modesty is advised.
How to Reach Toshogu Shrine
- Take subway from ezu Station or Ueno Station.
- Take a train from Uguisudani Station or Keisei-Ueno Station.
- Take a taxi or rental to the location.
- Nikko Yubayuzen
- Nikko Suien
- Asaya Resthouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Toshogu Shrine Address: 9-88 Uenokoen, Taito City, Tokyo 110-0007, Japan
- Toshogu Shrine Contact Number: +81-338223455
- Toshogu Shrine Timing: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Toshogu Shrine: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.23% of people who visit Tokyo include Toshogu Shrine in their plan
71.43% of people start their Toshogu Shrine visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Toshogu Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Toshogu Shrine
People normally club together Atago Shrine and Billboard Live while planning their visit to Toshogu Shrine.