Ueno Zoo1840 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 9-83 Uenokoen, Taito, Tokyo 110-0007, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Spanning across a wide land of about 14.3 hectares, the Ueno Zoo opened in 1882 as Japan’s first zoo and is nestled beautifully in the Ueno Park which is also home to various museums and shrines. Witness a varying range of animals in close to their natural habitats and explore the 63 different sections at the zoo while you visit the Ueno Park. Some parts of the zoo include The Children’s Zoo, Gorilla and Tiger’s Forest, Birdhouse, Animals of Africa and various others. From penguins and flamingos to turtles and crocodiles, the zoo is home to over 500 different animals.
Ueno Zoo Travel Tips
- Last entry is one hour before closing time.
- Closing timings may differ during summer months.
- Parking lots are not available on-site but can be found nearby.
- Wheelchairs are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ueno Zoo
- Adults (16-64): 600 yen
- Seniors (65+): 300 yen
- Students (13-15): 200 yen
- Children (0-12): Free
How to Reach Ueno Zoo
- Trains can be taken from Nezu Station or Uguisudani Station.
- Take a taxi or rental to the location.
- TGI Fridays
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tokyo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tokyo and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.64% of people who visit Tokyo include Ueno Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
49.35% of people start their Ueno Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ueno Zoo
86.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ueno Zoo
Ueno Zoo Reviews & Ratings
how much does the zoo cost in Canadian moneyAnswer Report Abuse
Can you buy your ticket in advance online for Ueno zoo ?Answer Report Abuse
I do not think the Ueno Zoo tickets can be bought in advance, but I would suggest calling the zoo administration on 81-3-3828-5171 to confirm.Report Abuse