Alcazar1983 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle Union, s/n, 45001 Toledo, Spain
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-925238800
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Military Museums, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
On the highest hill of Toledo, stand Alzacar. It is one of the few historical buildings of the city. The construction of the building started in Roman period. However, during the reign of Alfonso VI and Alfonso X, the building was rebuilt and it became the first example of square fortress with towers. The last reconstruction work took place in the region of Emperor Charles V. At present, the castle has been turned in to an Army museum. Taking a tour around the museum will show huge collection armors for the knights and horses that belonged to the Spanish army.
However, don’t miss to climb up the terrace of the museum. At the terrace, monument of Lieutenant Colonel Francisco Villamartin is situated.
Alcazar Travel Tips
- Children get free admission.
- On Sunday, the entry fee is for free.
- The museum offers audio guides for visitors.
- Guided tours are available.
- A cafe and a shop is there within the museum.
- Taking non-commercial photos are allowed but without flash light and tripod.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alcazar
- Reduced Price - 2.5€
How to Reach Alcazar
- Nearby Bus Stations – Estacion de Autobuses de Toledo. From there, you can hire a cab and it will take you around 4 minutes to reach the museum.
- Salones Sancho IV
- Terraza Restaurante Bu
- Restaurante Aquarium Toledo
- Aquarium CB
- Meson la Aposta
- El Palacete Restaurant
- Corral de Don Diego
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Toledo include Alcazar in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
94.72% of people start their Alcazar visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Alcazar
76.23% of people prefer walking in order to reach Alcazar