Iglesia De Santo Tome, Toledo
About Iglesia De Santo Tome, Toledo
Iglesia De Santo Tome, Toledo - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Plaza del Conde 4, 45002 Toledo (Castile-La Mancha)
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:45 pm Details
Added 13.6K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It is a 14th century old church with Mudejar tower. Though the construction of the church started from 12th century but its work got completed by the early 14th century with the financial support of Lord Orgaz.
The upper two section of the church is made of brick and has windows with pointed horseshoe arches. Once you enter the church, you get to see a collection of some of the famous paintings of El Greco and the Burial of the Count of Orgaz painting portraying the benefactor of the church being buried by the posthumous assistance of Saint Augustine and Saint Stephen, who again reappears during the funeral to thank Lord Orgaz for his financial support.
Iglesia De Santo Tome Information
- The church remains open everyday.
- For group tour, you need to fill up an online form.
- For the virtual visit to the church website.
- For buying a souvenir, visit the shop located within the church’s premise.
Iglesia De Santo Tome Ticket Prices
- Ticket price for groups: 2.20 €
How To reach Iglesia De Santo Tome by Public Transport
- From Estacion de Autobuses de Toledo, it will take around 6 minutes to reach the Church by car.
Restaurants Near Iglesia De Santo Tome
- Food Al Punto S L
- Churreria santo tome
- Rincon Bar
- La Naveira Restaurant
- Pasteleria Santo Tome
- Petit Cafe El Greco
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Iglesia De Santo Tome, Toledo Reviews - Write a Review
The El Greco painting is very moving. It is nice to see just this paining and not be distracted by his many works, like in the Cathedral sacristy. There is also a church to walk around in if you go through the doors to the left of the masterpiece.
This places stays crowded with the El Greco painting on display. Unlike other places in Toledo no pictures are allowed here. That being said still a nice stop, and if you got the Toledo package its worth the wait.
Honestly all the churches in the Spain have the same style, this one is not as beautiful as some of the cathedrals. Staff are rude.
Greco is fanrastic.
It's just the El Greco painting but definitely worth it.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ermita Cristo De La Vega
- Santa Iglesia Catedral Primada De Toledo
- Alcázar De Toledo
- Damasquinados A. Serrano
- Escaleras Zocodover
- Sale El Bus
- Paraje Natural Puente De La Torre
- Parque Del Prado
- Ecoparque De Toledo
- Parque Infantil El Saltamontes
- Toledo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toledo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toledo