Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo, Toledo
About Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo, Toledo
Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo, Toledo - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: C / Catholic Kings, 17. 45002 Toledo
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 12.3K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as Monastery of Saint John of the kings, this historic monastery of Toledo was founded by King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile in honor of the birth of their son, Prince John and also their victory over the army of Afonso V Portugal in the Battle of Toro (1476). Its construction work got finished in 1504, with splendid cloisters. However, few changes were made in the exterior region after it got damaged during Napoleon’s invasion. A close look to the design will show that the pattern is a mixture of Gothic- Flemish and Spanish style.
Feature to look forwards – the ceiling of the ground floor is formed of German cross vaults with figures of saints interspersed with animals and plant motifs. The upper cloisters contain Mudejar ornamentation.
Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo Information
- The church is open from Monday to Sunday without any interruption at noon.
- No booking visit is necessary.
- During celebration, you will get access to the church only through front door.
- Cash is accepted for the paying the ticket price.
- Credit card is accepted if the amount exceeds 10€.
- It doesn’t have any guide.
- You can use internal Wi-Fi network that you can follow from the mobile phone or tablet to get the audio guide in Spanish, English and French.
- Free explanatory detripticos are available for the visitors.
- It does not have any public bathroom. The nearest bathroom is 5 minutes distance away of the building on Park Transit.
- People on wheelchair can access the lobby area, lower cloister and the church. Upper cloister is not accessible for them.
- With the tourist bracelet, you can visit 6 monuments: San Juan de los Reyes, Sao Tome, Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, Church of El Salvador, Jesuit Church and the Mosque of Cristo de la Luz.
- The tourist bracelet has value unless it is tampered or damaged.
Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo Ticket Prices
- School groups with accreditation of the school – 2:20€
- Groups (with more than 20 people) – 2:20€
- Tourist bracelet - 8€
How To reach Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Station – Estacion de Autobuses de Toledo. From here, you can hire a cab and reach the church within 4 minutes via Paseo Recaredo
Restaurants Near Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo
- El Monasterio
- Meson Reyes Catolicos
- Cafe Restaurante Scorpio
- Restaurante Museo de Productos de Castilla-La Mancha
- Casa Pedro
- Taberna Sherry
- La Fabrica de Harinas
- Teteria Dar Al-Chai
- La Perdiz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Toledo, Toledo Reviews - Write a Review
Absolutely great. Maybe even more astonishing than the cathedral in toledo. Much less people when we were there. fantastic atmosphere. The late gothic style is surprisingly rich of details. We think a absolute must-go.
Very quiet and calm. It's a good place to have a moment and rest inside while taking some nice pics
Wonderful place with estonish architecture and historical atmosphere. It makes part of Toledo Monumental circuit, so you can buy the touristic bracelet and visit other 6 places for much less.
Stunning, amzingky Beautiful so quite and i love the design of it. Im Speechless.. love this place so much.
This is one of the two smaller attractions in Toledo worth paying for, the other being the El Transito
- Nearby Attractions
- Muralla De Toledo
- Chapel Of San Jose
- Convento De Santa Ursula
- El Pozo De Los Deseos R.saavedra
- Toleda Train Vision Zocotren
- Casa Del Judio
- Plaza Zocodover
- Hotel Alfonso Vi
- Zocodover Publicidad
- Toledo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toledo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toledo