Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes1424 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: C / Catholic Kings, 17. 45002 Toledo, 45002, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-925223802
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Monastery , Social, Arts, Museums
Also known as Monastery of Saint John of the kings, this historic monastery of Toledo was founded by King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile in honor of the birth of their son, Prince John and also their victory over the army of Afonso V Portugal in the Battle of Toro (1476). Its construction work got finished in 1504, with splendid cloisters. However, few changes were made in the exterior region after it got damaged during Napoleon’s invasion. A close look to the design will show that the pattern is a mixture of Gothic- Flemish and Spanish style.
Feature to look forwards – the ceiling of the ground floor is formed of German cross vaults with figures of saints interspersed with animals and plant motifs. The upper cloisters contain Mudejar ornamentation.
Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes Travel Tips
- The church is open from Monday to Sunday without any interruption at noon.
- No booking visit is necessary.
- During celebration, you will get access to the church only through front door.
- Cash is accepted for the paying the ticket price.
- Credit card is accepted if the amount exceeds 10€.
- It doesn’t have any guide.
- You can use internal Wi-Fi network that you can follow from the mobile phone or tablet to get the audio guide in Spanish, English and French.
- Free explanatory detripticos are available for the visitors.
- It does not have any public bathroom. The nearest bathroom is 5 minutes distance away of the building on Park Transit.
- People on wheelchair can access the lobby area, lower cloister and the church. Upper cloister is not accessible for them.
- With the tourist bracelet, you can visit 6 monuments: San Juan de los Reyes, Sao Tome, Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, Church of El Salvador, Jesuit Church and the Mosque of Cristo de la Luz.
- The tourist bracelet has value unless it is tampered or damaged.
Entrance Ticket Details For Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes
- School groups with accreditation of the school – 2:20€
- Groups (with more than 20 people) – 2:20€
- Tourist bracelet - 8€
How to Reach Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes
- Nearby Bus Station – Estacion de Autobuses de Toledo. From here, you can hire a cab and reach the church within 4 minutes via Paseo Recaredo
- El Monasterio
- Meson Reyes Catolicos
- Cafe Restaurante Scorpio
- Restaurante Museo de Productos de Castilla-La Mancha
- Casa Pedro
- Taberna Sherry
- La Fabrica de Harinas
- Teteria Dar Al-Chai
- La Perdiz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
84.11% of people who visit Toledo include Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
43.65% of people start their Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes
79.1% of people prefer walking in order to reach Monasterio De San Juan De Los Reyes