Museo El GrecoCurrently Closed
- Address: Paseo del Transito, s/n, 45002 Toledo, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-925990980
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Museo El Greco - Review
If you are fond of paintings, make sure you add the name of this museum in your itinerary list of Toledo. Opened in 1911, the museum is solely dedicated to preserve the artworks of the painter, El Greco. It is located in the Jewish Quarter of Toledo. The premise has 2 buildings, one is a 16th century house with a courtyard and another is a 20th century old. Both the buildings are connected with a shared garden. Inside, it has rooms dedicated to the Marquis de la Vega Inclan pay homage to El Greco’s vision and his life. Other set of rooms are dedicated to preserve the artwork of the painter. Few other rooms are used to hold workshop.
Besides seeing his artwork, you get to learn about stories related to the paintings that speaks about its origin, inspiration and so on. The museum also has a departmental store that let you get some souvenirs to take it back with you. On the exterior portion, you cannot miss the chance of strolling around the garden area during twilight.
Museo El Greco Information
- Ticket office closes down 15 minutes before the end of visiting hours.
- Museum offers free service like Tours program offering a tour around the museum with the company of a cultural volunteer.
- Reduced ticket price is applicable for groups consisting of minimum 5 people and maximum of 30 people, accompanied by a responsible person.
- For group visit, you need to get in touch with the head of the museum 15 days prior the scheduled date as persons performing voluntary work.
- This 15 days notice (for group visit) needs to be made via email – firstname.lastname@example.org with details like name of the center/ institution/ association, city and country; number of people in the group; approximate age group and studies students; number of teachers or monitors; name of the responsible person and telephone number; date and time of the visit.
- The museum in return sends possible date and time according to their schedule.
- The confirmation of the booking must be presented at the ticket office at the time of visit.
- No group booking is done on Saturdays from 2 pm, Sundays and holidays.
- To arrange for group visit, call on +34 925 223 962.
- Annual Card Greco Museum let you visit the museum as many times as possible in a year.
- Fertilization Toledo City Museum card can be accessed only for 3 days, both for the permanent exhibition of the Museum of Greco and the Sephardic Museum of Toledo.
- Free entrance is given on Saturdays from 2pm, 18th April (World Heritage Day), 18th May (International Museum Day), 12th October (National Day of Spain) and 6th December (Day of the Spanish Constitution).
- For easy accessibility for the disabled people, the museum has removed all kind of architectural lifts and has added lifting platforms and escalators. Ramps and wheelchairs are also available.
- For hearing impaired people – loop facility at customer service desks and meeting facilities; videos in Spanish sign language and subtitles are added for the audiovisual; induction loop are connected to the audio guides; amplifiers to connect to the audio guides are also there.
- The audio guide service is available in Castilian, English and Japanese.
- The museum has a department store from where you can buy souvenir, audio visual guide and specialized publication related to the museum’s collection.
Museo El Greco Ticket Prices
- Reduced price – 1.50€
- Annual Card Set Access State Museums: € 36.06.
- Annual Card Greco Museum: 25 €.
- Fertilization Toledo City Museum: € 5.
How To reach Museo El Greco by Public Transport
- From the bus station: 5 (Zocodover), 12 (Jewish Quarter)
- From the railway station(AVE) : 5, 6.1, 6.2
Restaurants Near Museo El Greco
- Cafeteria Restaurant Carolvus
- La Orza
- Maruxina Lounge
- La Fabrica de Harinas
- Italian Piece of Art – PIZZ’ART
- Salvatore, Restaurante Italiano Pizzeria
- Petit-Cafe El Greco
- La Juderia
- Teteria Dar Al-Chai
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museo El Greco
95% of people who visit Toledo include Museo El Greco in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.86% of people start their Museo El Greco visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museo El Greco
69.81% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museo El Greco
Museo El Greco Trips
Museo El Greco, Toledo Reviews
So tranquil & soothing. Everything from the atmosphere to the exhibits. The price is unreal. Having to pay 10 euros for the Cathedral while only 3 for El Greco, leaves me speechless.( for there is no comparison between the two ). A MUST!!
Domenikos Theotokopoulos (a.k.a. El Greco) is the greatest painter that ever lived in Toledo. His museum is set close to where it is believed he spent most of his time while in this city. Alongside with his paintings, there are the ones from his son and other students and imitators, which only elevates El Greco's art to a higher level. The property has nice gardens and outer corridors that can be accessed to see how life was there back in the day. The museum has a free access on Saturday afternoon (after 2 PM) and Sundays.
Casa del Greco is a pretty place located in the heart of old Toledo dedicated to the memory of a fascinating artist and man. Really worth visiting.
This museum is really amazing. The architecture and 'remake' of El Greco's original house is stunning. The paintings and the history of El Greco are beautifully represented. If you are in Toledo, this is a must!
It's a very beautiful house, situated right next to the river banks. Be prepared though because you will not find a big collection of El Greco's works here, for that you should go to The Cathedral. Yet, it is still interesting and even worth the visit I would say, for you learn and see about El Greco's live and evolvement in Toledo.