Museo El Greco, Toledo
About Museo El Greco, Toledo
Museo El Greco, Toledo - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Paseo del Transito, s/n, 45002 Toledo, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 14.5K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
If you are fond of paintings, make sure you add the name of this museum in your itinerary list of Toledo. Opened in 1911, the museum is solely dedicated to preserve the artworks of the painter, El Greco. It is located in the Jewish Quarter of Toledo. The premise has 2 buildings, one is a 16th century house with a courtyard and another is a 20th century old. Both the buildings are connected with a shared garden. Inside, it has rooms dedicated to the Marquis de la Vega Inclan pay homage to El Greco’s vision and his life. Other set of rooms are dedicated to preserve the artwork of the painter. Few other rooms are used to hold workshop.
Besides seeing his artwork, you get to learn about stories related to the paintings that speaks about its origin, inspiration and so on. The museum also has a departmental store that let you get some souvenirs to take it back with you. On the exterior portion, you cannot miss the chance of strolling around the garden area during twilight.
Museo El Greco Information
- Ticket office closes down 15 minutes before the end of visiting hours.
- Museum offers free service like Tours program offering a tour around the museum with the company of a cultural volunteer.
- Reduced ticket price is applicable for groups consisting of minimum 5 people and maximum of 30 people, accompanied by a responsible person.
- For group visit, you need to get in touch with the head of the museum 15 days prior the scheduled date as persons performing voluntary work.
- This 15 days notice (for group visit) needs to be made via email – email@example.com with details like name of the center/ institution/ association, city and country; number of people in the group; approximate age group and studies students; number of teachers or monitors; name of the responsible person and telephone number; date and time of the visit.
- The museum in return sends possible date and time according to their schedule.
- The confirmation of the booking must be presented at the ticket office at the time of visit.
- No group booking is done on Saturdays from 2 pm, Sundays and holidays.
- To arrange for group visit, call on +34 925 223 962.
- Annual Card Greco Museum let you visit the museum as many times as possible in a year.
- Fertilization Toledo City Museum card can be accessed only for 3 days, both for the permanent exhibition of the Museum of Greco and the Sephardic Museum of Toledo.
- Free entrance is given on Saturdays from 2pm, 18th April (World Heritage Day), 18th May (International Museum Day), 12th October (National Day of Spain) and 6th December (Day of the Spanish Constitution).
- For easy accessibility for the disabled people, the museum has removed all kind of architectural lifts and has added lifting platforms and escalators. Ramps and wheelchairs are also available.
- For hearing impaired people – loop facility at customer service desks and meeting facilities; videos in Spanish sign language and subtitles are added for the audiovisual; induction loop are connected to the audio guides; amplifiers to connect to the audio guides are also there.
- The audio guide service is available in Castilian, English and Japanese.
- The museum has a department store from where you can buy souvenir, audio visual guide and specialized publication related to the museum’s collection.
Museo El Greco Ticket Prices
- Reduced price – 1.50€
- Annual Card Set Access State Museums: € 36.06.
- Annual Card Greco Museum: 25 €.
- Fertilization Toledo City Museum: € 5.
How To reach Museo El Greco by Public Transport
- From the bus station: 5 (Zocodover), 12 (Jewish Quarter)
- From the railway station(AVE) : 5, 6.1, 6.2
Restaurants Near Museo El Greco
- Cafeteria Restaurant Carolvus
- La Orza
- Maruxina Lounge
- La Fabrica de Harinas
- Italian Piece of Art – PIZZ’ART
- Salvatore, Restaurante Italiano Pizzeria
- Petit-Cafe El Greco
- La Juderia
- Teteria Dar Al-Chai
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo El Greco, Toledo Reviews - Write a Review
Be aware if few facts: Firstly this is not el Greco house! He never lived here. The person who bought and renovated the place bought it accidentally thinking it was the house and it's not. Secondly, there aren't so many works of art, but maybe that less then half of them are el Greco. Those paintings that are attributed to him are studies of his and thus don't demonstrate his work. We felt like it was a misleading.
Not expensive. Informative and friendly staff. Could take pictures. Nice for size.
For all art buffs, this should be like a pilgrimage. Entrance is free. Flash less photography allowed. It shows the life, time and work of the famous Spanish painter, Doménikos Theotokópoulos or "el Greco" as widely known.
Coming from the birth place of El Greco that is Fodele in Crete Greece I was really pleased of what I saw and made me proud that I am from the same village...Great place really informative and also loved the form and structure...
Not his best works here, but the museum is still interesting. Based around what a house would have been like in his times, the tour successfully shows you what his life was like and how he became popular after his death.
- Nearby Attractions
- Muralla De Toledo
- Chapel Of San Jose
- Convento De Santa Ursula
- El Pozo De Los Deseos R.saavedra
- Toleda Train Vision Zocotren
- Casa Del Judio
- Plaza Zocodover
- Hotel Alfonso Vi
- Zocodover Publicidad
- Toledo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toledo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toledo