Museum Of Santa CruzCurrently Closed
- Address: C / Miguel de Cervantes, 3, 45001 - Toledo (Toledo), Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-925221402
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Arts And Crafts
Museum Of Santa Cruz - Review
It is one of the important museums of the city preserving a quality collection that includes archeological, decorative art work and fine arts. It was founded by Cardinal Mendoza. The collections are divided into 3 major categories –
- Archeology – Devoted to Roman, Visigothic, Moorish and Mudejar cultures.
- Fine arts – Excellent artwork belonging to 16th and 17th century and done by famous painters like El Greco.
- Industrial arts – Representing unique examples related to popular cultural work and traditional local craftwork, made of materials like ceramics, glass, wrought iron, fabrics and precious metals.
Today, visitors can enjoy exhibition along with permanent collection that opened in late 2010. If you are visiting the museum, the tour will begin from the lower level. It holds temporary exhibition while the upper level as the permanent collection.
Museum Of Santa Cruz Information
- You can use the lockers to keep your belonging safe and access it till 15 minutes before the closing time .
- Reduced price tickets can be enjoyed by attendees with special large family card which they accredit.
- Groups (with more than 10 people) can request for visiting cards with a minimum of 15 days. Such groups do get the chance to enjoy concession ticket price.
- Any of the Member States of the European Union with proper documents can enjoy concession of the ticket price. However, they need to submit document card.
- Unemployed individuals with valid documents gets free entry.
- Pensions (with proof) and children (under 18 years), professionals study plans (who are still working) enjoys free admission.
- Member of associations of Friends of Museums, ICOM members, ANABAD and the Spanish Federation of Friends of Museums.
- On 18th May (International Museum Day), May 31st (the day of the Region of Castila-La Mancha), the museum has free admission.
- Free entry are also available everyday from 6pm till the closing time (except on Sundays).
Museum Of Santa Cruz Ticket Prices
- Reduced price – 2.5€
How To reach Museum Of Santa Cruz by Public Transport
- From the nearby bus station, Estacion de Autobuses de Toledo, it will take only 3 minutes to reach the museum by car.
Restaurants Near Museum Of Santa Cruz
- Restaurante la Tabernita 10
- Dos Culturas S L
- Cerveceria Trebol
- Javier Brichetto
- Tako Away Toledo
- Pasteleria Santo Tome
- Toledo Bar Restaurante
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Santa Cruz
75.97% of people who visit Toledo include Museum Of Santa Cruz in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
56.1% of people start their Museum Of Santa Cruz visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of Santa Cruz
58.55% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museum Of Santa Cruz
Museum Of Santa Cruz Trips
Museum Of Santa Cruz, Toledo Reviews
It was a great experience. Must admit that I didn't know much about what would be displayed but it was fascinating. Historical pictures of the Spanish monarchy and about the area. There was also a exhibition upstairs! Spent 2 1/2 hours there without noticing the time.
not fun-- pam sanchez did not enjoy
Has some great temporary expositions, the cloister is very nice and last but not least, the absolutely magnificent Greco paintings. Free on Sundays!
Sad that a lot of this museum is currently closed. That said an interesting temporary exhibition and a good selection of ceramics made for an interesting hour
A great day here in Toledo. I was surprised by the kindness of the people and also by the shape of this museum.