Synagogue Of El Transito1332 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle de Samuel Levi , S/N, 45002 Toledo,Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-925223665
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museums
It is the only synagogue, belonging to the 14th century and was built under the recommendation of Pedro I. It now houses the Museo Sefardi. True to its era, the architectural design of the synagogue reflects a mixture of artwork of Gothic, Cordoba Islamic art style and Jewish. The interior portion is decorated with Mudejar elements and inscriptions, written in Arabic and Hebrew. A trip to the interior gives you a glimpse of the historical background of the Jewish culture and Sephardic culture.
However with the expulsion of Jews from Spain in 1492, the synagogue had been used to serve various purposes like a hermitage or military barracks.
Synagogue Of El Transito Travel Tips
- The payment for the ticket price need to be made exclusively in cash.
- The maximum limit for group visit is of 50 people accompanied by a responsible.
- Group visits must be arranged at least 15 days prior through online booking form.
- The confirmation of the booking for group visit must be presented at the box office while visiting the museum.
- Groups tours are accessible in every 15 minutes.
- No group bookings are allowed on weekends and on holidays.
- Maximum capacity of visitors that can accommodated within the museum is 250 people.
- Non-commercial photography without flash and tripod shooting is allowed.
- Consumption of food and beverage is not allowed inside the museum.
- Speaking over the mobile phone is not allowed unless it is an emergency call.
- Smoking is not permitted within the premise.
- Pets are not allowed except for guided dogs for the visually challenged people.
- Visitors are asked to follow the signs of Watchers room.
- Groups should move quietly so that it doesn’t disturb other visitor’s tour.
- Use the museum belongings with care.
- Children under 12 should be accompanied with an adult.
Entrance Ticket Details For Synagogue Of El Transito
- Reduced ticket price – 1.5€
- Annual Card Sephardic Museum of Toledo – € 25
- Feed Museums Toledo (valid for 3 days) – € 5
- Card annual joint state museums – € 36.06
How to Reach Synagogue Of El Transito
- From the bus station : 5 (Zocodover), 12 (Jewish Quarter)
- From the railway station (Renfe): 5, 6.1, 6.2
- La Orza
- Maruxina Lounge
- La Fabrica de Harinas
- Teteria Dar Al-Chai
- La Perdiz
- Italian Piece of Art - PIZZ'ART
- Salvatore, Restaurante Italiano Pizzeria
- Petit-Cafe El Greco
- Cafe-Bar Farolito
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.68% of people who visit Toledo include Synagogue Of El Transito in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.06% of people start their Synagogue Of El Transito visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Synagogue Of El Transito
87.63% of people prefer walking in order to reach Synagogue Of El Transito