Synagogue Of El Transito, Toledo
About Synagogue Of El Transito, Toledo
Synagogue Of El Transito, Toledo - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle de Samuel Levi , S/N, 45002 Toledo,Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 9.7K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It is the only synagogue, belonging to the 14th century and was built under the recommendation of Pedro I. It now houses the Museo Sefardi. True to its era, the architectural design of the synagogue reflects a mixture of artwork of Gothic, Cordoba Islamic art style and Jewish. The interior portion is decorated with Mudejar elements and inscriptions, written in Arabic and Hebrew. A trip to the interior gives you a glimpse of the historical background of the Jewish culture and Sephardic culture.
However with the expulsion of Jews from Spain in 1492, the synagogue had been used to serve various purposes like a hermitage or military barracks.
Synagogue Of El Transito Information
- The payment for the ticket price need to be made exclusively in cash.
- The maximum limit for group visit is of 50 people accompanied by a responsible.
- Group visits must be arranged at least 15 days prior through online booking form.
- The confirmation of the booking for group visit must be presented at the box office while visiting the museum.
- Groups tours are accessible in every 15 minutes.
- No group bookings are allowed on weekends and on holidays.
- Maximum capacity of visitors that can accommodated within the museum is 250 people.
- Non-commercial photography without flash and tripod shooting is allowed.
- Consumption of food and beverage is not allowed inside the museum.
- Speaking over the mobile phone is not allowed unless it is an emergency call.
- Smoking is not permitted within the premise.
- Pets are not allowed except for guided dogs for the visually challenged people.
- Visitors are asked to follow the signs of Watchers room.
- Groups should move quietly so that it doesn’t disturb other visitor’s tour.
- Use the museum belongings with care.
- Children under 12 should be accompanied with an adult.
Synagogue Of El Transito Ticket Prices
- Reduced ticket price – 1.5€
- Annual Card Sephardic Museum of Toledo – € 25
- Feed Museums Toledo (valid for 3 days) – € 5
- Card annual joint state museums – € 36.06
How To reach Synagogue Of El Transito by Public Transport
- From the bus station : 5 (Zocodover), 12 (Jewish Quarter)
- From the railway station (Renfe): 5, 6.1, 6.2
Restaurants Near Synagogue Of El Transito
- La Orza
- Maruxina Lounge
- La Fabrica de Harinas
- Teteria Dar Al-Chai
- La Perdiz
- Italian Piece of Art - PIZZ'ART
- Salvatore, Restaurante Italiano Pizzeria
- Petit-Cafe El Greco
- Cafe-Bar Farolito
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Synagogue Of El Transito, Toledo Reviews - Write a Review
Converted to a museum. Nice detail and artefacts inside, worth a visit.
Nice place with live music. Full of people if free
Small but nice and cheap. Free on Saturdays after 14:00, so try aim for that. Some shops for Jewish items in the vicinity.
A beautiful building with a sad history. Well preserved and nice small museum. Would have been better if the descriptions were available in English too but we are in Spain.
Well decorated interiors with quite a few artefacts although sadly lacking in English language explanations within the display cabinets. There's a small shop selling gifts as you exit. Free entrance on a Sunday :)
- Nearby Attractions
- Embalse Del Torcon
- Restos Arqueologicos Sinagoga Del Sofer
- San Pedro Martir, Fachada Antigua Iglesia Conventual
- Estacion Ave Toledo
- Banos Arabes Toledo
- Paseo Merchan
- Toledo Escalator
- Teteria Dar Al Chai
- Convento De Santa Clara
- Toledo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toledo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toledo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toledo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toledo