Cathedral Of ToledoCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Calle Cardenal Cisneros 1, 45002 Toledo, Spain, 45002
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-925222241
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Community And Government, Religious, Churches, Landmarks
This Roman Catholic cathedral is also known as Catedral Primada Santa Maria de Toledo in Spanish. It is one of the 13th century old important Cathedral of Spain. The sight on which it stands now used to have Visigothic church, back in 6th century. The construction of the cathedral began in 1226 and continued till 1493. Due to such longer period in the construction of the cathedral, you can see a mixture of different style in the architectural design. For instance, you get to see French Gothic with flying buttresses on the exterior region of the cathedral while the interior follows Spanish style.
Highlighted feature of the cathedral –
- The choir is considered as one of the best among all the other European churches.
- High Altar Reredos depicting the scenes from the life of the Christ.
- The Sacristy containing artworks and paintings belonging to famous painters like El Greco.
- The Transparente (Baroque altar) made of bronze, jasper and marble.
Cathedral Of Toledo Travel Tips
- Children get free admission to the cathedral.
- Groups to get concession on the ticket price but with prior appointment.
- Audio guides, café and shop is available within the premise of the cathedral.
- Paying extra 3€ at the entrance can let you take a tour to the upper level of the cloister.
- Do check the official website for updated opening hours and mass timings.
How to Reach Cathedral Of Toledo
- Nearest Train Station – Renfe train station. From here, you can take city bus, Line 5 to reach Plaza de Zocodover. You can also rent a taxi from the station.
- Nearest Bus Station – Estacion de Autobuses de Toledo
- Alqahira Rincon de Oriente
- El Brocal taberna-restaurante
- Taberna El Botero
- los Cuatro Tiempos
- La Malquerida de la Trinidad
- la esquina del pozo
- Coleccion Catedral
- La Catedral
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toledo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toledo and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Toledo include Cathedral Of Toledo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
80.86% of people start their Cathedral Of Toledo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cathedral Of Toledo
55.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral Of Toledo