Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G OCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: 317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4, Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: 1-4169796648
- Ticket Price: 20 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Art Gallery, Museum, Family And Kids
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O - Review
This Awesome Art gallery is always innovating with new and eccentric art exhibitions always taking place here. They also have a pretty amazing array of art on display in their permanent collections.
There is an extensive collection of Canadian Art which will give you a glorious insight into the History and culture of the country. Tom Thomson, Emily Carr and Cornelius Kreighoff are some of the illustrious artists on display. There is a special collection entirely dedicated to the work of David Milne.
Besides this, there is also a collection of European Art. The Gallery also pays homage to African and Oceanic art through their display. Modern Art as well as Photography also find a place of honor. Culture seekers and art-lovers should certainly put this one on their list. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Toronto Itinerary 7 Days.
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O Information
- The Museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Notwithstanding showcase displays, the structure houses a broad library, learner spaces, and display workshop space, craftsman in habitation, a high-end restaurant, boutique, and other sections. Throughout the AGO's history, it has been composed a percentage of the world's generally famous and noteworthy displays.
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O Ticket Prices
- Given are general admission prices for adults.
- Adult: 19.50 CAD
- Senior(65+): 16 CAD
- Student: 11 CAD
- Youth(6-17): 11 CAD
- Family pass(2 adults+5 youth): 49 CAD
- Child(5 & under): Free
- Wednesday nights(6pm – 9 pm): Free
- For other details and discounts please refer official website.
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O Opening and Closing Hours
- For other detailed timings please refer to official website.
How To reach Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bus 502 stops at McCaul Loop bus station.
- By Tram: Tram 505 has a stop at Dundas St West at McCaul St light rail station.
- By Subway: St. Patrick Station is a short walk away.
Restaurants Near Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O
- Art Square gallery cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O
95% of people who visit Toronto include Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
42.32% of people start their Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O
90.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O Map
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O Trips
2 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Toronto, Kingston, Montreal, Quebec from RiccioneBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Toronto, Kingston, Montreal, Quebec
Art Gallery Of Ontario Or A G O, Toronto Reviews
It’s big,it’s fancy and it’s full of art..about half a day to explore if you skip the educative cinemas. Usually getting crowded on weekends (especially during a hot exhibit) so your best bet is to go on weekdays if you can. The prices are a bit steep but what’s cheap anymore..one of the nicest galleries I visited (in North America). Staff is helpful just don’t forget to turn your flash off
I truly love this place. A great art gallery in downtown Toronto. Always a great place to hit up if your a local or tourist. Give yourself a half to a full day to explore it. Restaurant is located on premise for a quick bite. Always a new exhibit coming through so a visit every quarter is nice.
Wonderful experience! I'd suggest going without a guide. Doing so allowed us spend the time that we wanted on the galleries we wanted to emphasize, and skip hearing the details about art work we didn't care for. Bring a flash light with you when visiting the miniature boat exhibit. The materials are quite sensitive so they can't be exposed to regular light too frequently, so you'll have to bring your own flash light. Great galleries (some were better than others), just make sure to go on a week day during the evening. Shouldn't take you longer than 2 hours to see everything worth seeing.
A Toronto “must”! Likely one of Canada’s best galleries. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. They have been bringing in some great exhibits which has been generating a lot of foot traffic and interest - with many exhibits selling out quickly. I was there for the infinity mirrors exhibit, and while I would have liked a little bit more time in each of the rooms, overall it was beautifully executed and presented. Will for sure come back!
This modern (new additions have appeared on a semi-regular basis), is the largest in Canada and covers an area of about 11 acres!! The Art Gallery has 90,000 items. In addition to art from many periods [spanning the 1st to 21st centuries], there are works from many geographic regions.... and there are also sculptures and photographs. A major new addition was completed [designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry- who was brought up in this area] in 2008, which increased the viewing area by almost 50%! I hope that this Review has been helpful.
All QuestionsArt gallery of ontario or a g o
- Museo Parrocchiale Di San Grato
- Sala Giochi Del Corso Di Farina Caterina
- Santuario S. Domenico
- Pirotecnica Peter Pan Dicalvetta Fioravante
- Biblioteca Calabrese Centro Culturale Folklore
- Biblioteca Calabrese Istituto
- Parrocchia San Martino Vescovo
- Sergio Giuseppe
- Vallesella Di Cadore
- Camping International Di Cologna
- Da Vià Federico
- Ptp Rifugio Bajon - Rifugio Cai Permanente
- Parrocchia SS Quirico E Giulitta