About Chinatown, Toronto
Chinatown, Toronto - Address
Address: Chinatown, Toronto, ON, Canada
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 28.3K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Dine In, Restaurant, Leisure, Market, Street Market, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Almost every other big city seems to have a China town but Toronto’s China town is a very hip and happening place. It has a rich history beginning in 1878 with the first settlers who came to Toronto and has continued to preserve a taste of the orient within a busy city in Canada.
Decorated in vibrant yellows, reds and golds in the typical eastern way, the China town is sure to transform the streets of Toronto into mainland China as soon as you enter. The delicious smells wafting through the air and the sound of food sizzling in the woks are always tantalizing. Foodies will absolutely love this place. Besides this there are also several shops selling Chinese medicine that some regard as a healthier alternative to the harsh modern medicine.
Whatever be your views on it, one thing is for certain. Tourists will love to walk down the street and enjoy the awesome melange of cultures and traditions that is the Toronto China Town. There are a lot of places to shop and eat. There are also festivals like the Chinese New Year and the Toronto China town Festival which are worth visiting.
- Be careful while buying Chinese medicine. If you get sold fake goods it can be dangerous.
Chinatown Ticket Prices
- Free ticket
How To reach Chinatown by Public Transport
- By Tram: Tram 505 is the nearest Dundas St West at Spadina Ave Light Rail Station.
- By Subway: Subway 1 has a stop at St. Patrick subway station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Restaurants Near Chinatown
- House of Gourmet
- Kim Moon Bakery
- Lee Garden Restaurant
- Asian Legend
- King’s Noodle Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chinatown, Toronto Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Left Field Brewery
- Rosetta Mcclain Gardens
- Campbell House Museum
- North York Central Library
- Torontos First Post Office
- Ontario Spring Water Sake Company
- Little Portugal
- Toronto Centre Of Arts
- Toronto Congress Centre
- Toronto Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toronto
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toronto