Distillery DistrictCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: 55 Mill St, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4, Canada
- Timings: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1-4163641177
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Battlefield, Landmark, Educational Site, Walking Area, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
Distillery District - Review
The Distillery District is a wonderful historic area in Toronto. It was an important place during the Industrial revolution. The reason for this is that the Distillery District was home to a very grand and important Distillery called Gooerham and Worts. This place was the centre point of the movement
The Distillery itself and all the places around it are excellent examples of Victorian construction and hence have been conserved. What you can do here is take a tour to admire not just the architecture but the old-timey charm of the place that has withstood time. The historic district is certainly a beautiful insight into the past of the city, but it also is important to the current state. The place has become a hub for the cultural progress of Toronto. It is a Pedestrian Only Zone that is sure to be a very intriguing experience for any tourist.
Distillery District Information
- The Distillery District is a National Historic Site, and has been designated for security under the Ontario Heritage Act since 1976. It was recorded by National Geographic magazine as a top pick in Canada for international tourism.
Distillery District Ticket Prices
- Free entry
Distillery District Hours
- Individual shop timings may vary.
How To reach Distillery District by Public Transport
- By Bus: Mill St at Trinity St is the nearest bus station.
- By Tram: Tram 514 stops at Distillery Loop Light Rail Station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Restaurants Near Distillery District
- Archeo Trattoria
- El Catrin
- Cafe Uno
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Distillery District
69.44% of people who visit Toronto include Distillery District in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
42.31% of people start their Distillery District visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Distillery District
82.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Distillery District
Distillery District Trips
6 Views20 Days 19 Nights20 Day Trip to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara Falls from SydneyBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Niagara Falls
2 Views28 Days 27 Nights28 Day Trip to Miami, New York City, Toronto, Niagara Falls from RiyadhBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Toronto, Niagara Falls, New York City, Miami