Edwards Gardens, TorontoCurrently Closed
- Address: 755 Lawrence Ave E, North York, ON M3C 1P2, Canada, Toronto
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4163971340
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, View Point, Cafe, Family And Kids
About Edwards Gardens, Toronto
Two of Toronto’s four main gardens are at this single location. And together they are the beloved of anyone who loves any or all of the following: nature, landscaping, design, art, sculpture, science, mazes, horticulture, birds, bees, urban gardening, viewpoints, flowers, public art, museums and interactive exhibits. There are 17 themed gardens here, all large in size, all easily navigated. Just make sure you have a garden map.
In addition to typical cafe eats like sandwiches and salads the historic barn cafe also serves up wine, BBQ and craft beer on summer Thursday night concerts. The Garden shop has a terrific seat and tool collection, and most people want to visit it when the tour has left them bursting with garden ideas.
The guided tours offered by the garden are excellent. And the Weston Family Library is the largest private horticultural library in Canada, with its own art gallery.
Edwards Gardens Information
- Custom tours can be booked.
- Disabled accessible
- Garden Cafe: May to October: 9am - 4pm
- Shop: 10am - 4pm
- Reception Desk: 9am-4pm (10am-4pm on weekends).
- Check the garden website for the calendar of events.
Edwards Gardens Ticket Prices
- Guided tour: $10 per person ($5 for seniors/children).
Edwards Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- The garden is open from dawn to dusk.
- Guided tours last 90 minutes.
- Free one hour tours: May - September: Tuesdays at 10 am and Thursdays at 6 pm.
- Closed on most statutory holidays including New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day.
How To reach Edwards Gardens by Public Transport
- Buses 51, 54 stop Leslie St at Lawrence Ave East.
- Buses 162 stop Lawrence Ave East at Blaine Dr.
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Edwards Gardens
32.97% of people who visit Toronto include Edwards Gardens in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
43.49% of people start their Edwards Gardens visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Edwards Gardens
94.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Edwards Gardens
Edwards Gardens, Toronto Reviews
This is a great place to walk around and hike in if you are craving some outdoor time. There are many beautiful photo opportunities here and is often a very popular wedding photo location. The grounds are well kept and beautiful year round. A little gem of nature hidden in the city.
A decent place to walk around but not fantastic. Good because it is mostly paved so the very young and very old can walk here. Small area so you won’t lose anyone.
It's a nice park in the summertime but it would be nice if they told you that the path was closed and under construction before you walk a kilometer out there only to have to turn back.
Nice and peaceful environment! Perfect way to end a busy day!
This is a beautiful place to wander on your own or with your family. The auditorium is a great space for events.