Elgin And Winter Garden TheatresCurrently Closed
- Address: 189 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5B 1M4, Canada
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4163142901
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Garden, Theatre, Family And Kids
Once Upon a Time Peter is used to be stacked up on each other instead of standing side-by-side like normal theaters. For example this Edwardian theater has Elgin Theatre on the ground floor and the Winter Garden Theatre going up for 7 floors above that. Never meant to cater to audiences for vaudeville and short silent movies. Both theaters are incredibly ornamented on the inside with watercolors, plaster cherubs, gold filigree, hanging lanterns and dried beech leaves. The theatre is one of the hosts to the Toronto International Film Festival. Check the Theatre website for upcoming events.
- Group tours for a minimum of 12 people can be booked separately. Payment is cash only.
- Group tour prices: Adults: $12, Students and Seniors: $10.
- Show prices depend on the seating, the theater and the times.
- 90 minute guided tours: Thursdays at 5 pm; Saturdays at 11 am.
- Shows usually start between 7 pm and 8 pm, thoug there may be matinee shows at 2 pm.
- Tuesday to Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm, or until show time on performance days.
- Closed Sunday and Monday (Unless there is show, in which case it opens 2 hours before Showtime).
- Subway 1; Streetcar 505; Buses 97, 320 stop Dundas
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.48% of people who visit Toronto include Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
57.14% of people start their Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres
Beautiful theatre with generally good sightlines and audio. I saw two one act operas there on November 3, 2018 and sat for two hours without discomfort. The decor of the theatre is from another time when ornament and splendor meant something. Quite impressive when compared to the newer theaters. Only complaint: Small bathrooms in the basement not adequate for such a place and urinals without dividers.
The Elgin is an iconic institution located in downtown Toronto. It hosts various events from live theatre, music, to film. Visited it to see a TIFF flick and had a great time. Seats are spacious, plenty of leg room. There is a smell of fresh hipster musk and nostalgia upon entering the main theatre. The decor is classic North American urban 20th century grand theatre, similar to the greats in Detroit. Had a great experience and looking forward to going again.
Beautiful venue, very comfy seats, great staff. Awesome old school elevators and great ambiance. Pro tip: head downstairs during intermission for much shorter concession lines!
Great comfortable seats. Have been there as a spectator and has a behind the scenes volunteer. Great living history...inclusión the original elevators with operators. Some confusion regarding seating charts
Ross Petty Production of The Wizard of Oz was hilarious. Family friendly and just enough subtle innuendos for the grown ups. Great night out