Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres, Toronto
About Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres, Toronto
Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres, Toronto - Address, Phone Number
Address: 189 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5B 1M4, Canada
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 459 times in trip plans
Garden, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Once Upon a Time Peter is used to be stacked up on each other instead of standing side-by-side like normal theaters. For example this Edwardian theater has Elgin Theatre on the ground floor and the Winter Garden Theatre going up for 7 floors above that. Never meant to cater to audiences for vaudeville and short silent movies. Both theaters are incredibly ornamented on the inside with watercolors, plaster cherubs, gold filigree, hanging lanterns and dried beech leaves. The theatre is one of the hosts to the Toronto International Film Festival. Check the Theatre website for upcoming events.
Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres Information
- Group tours for a minimum of 12 people can be booked separately. Payment is cash only.
Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres Ticket Prices
- Group tour prices: Adults: $12, Students and Seniors: $10.
- Show prices depend on the seating, the theater and the times.
Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres Opening and Closing Hours
- 90 minute guided tours: Thursdays at 5 pm; Saturdays at 11 am.
- Shows usually start between 7 pm and 8 pm, thoug there may be matinee shows at 2 pm.
- Tuesday to Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm, or until show time on performance days.
- Closed Sunday and Monday (Unless there is show, in which case it opens 2 hours before Showtime).
How To reach Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres by Public Transport
- Subway 1; Streetcar 505; Buses 97, 320 stop Dundas
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres, Toronto Reviews - Write a Review
Magnificent. If you get a chance to see a show in the Winter Garden (the upstairs theatre) grab it. That theatre is like no other theatre I have been to and I have been to a good number. SUPER UNIQUE. Classic. Built in the era of the Titanic and has that feel. They offer TOURS that are worth every penny if you don't want to see a show here.
I went to watch Grease here and both the venue and production were exceptional. This was my first musical and I was completely blown away. I would recommend the show and theater to everyone.
Saw Grease the Musical here. Beautiful theatre. Staff was very helpful and walked you right to your seats.
Great place. Every seat is a good seat. Love the layout. Usually go every year for Ross Petty panto.
A really unique and special place to watch plays. The fact that Grease musical was sooo good just added to the pleasure.
- Nearby Attractions
- Queen West Arts Center
- Jack Layton Ferry Terminal
- Rbc Waterpark Place Iii
- Atlas Suites Cn Tower And Convention Center
- St David's Tower
- Comfort Inn City Centre
- Bond Place Hotel
- Mina's Guest House
- Galleria Supermarket
- Toronto Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toronto
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toronto