Fort York96 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 250 Fort York Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4163926907
- Ticket Price: 9 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Archaeological Site
The British Army and Canadian militia troops built these historical military fortifications in the late 18th and early 19th century to defend themselves against a potential attack from the young nation of USA. Most of the buildings here today are mud and brick reconstructions of early wooden structures. Twice, in 1812 and 1814, the site saw military conflict between the two parties. This is the country’s largest collection of original War of 1812 period buildings. Depending on the season the attraction puts on reenactments and demonstrations that are always fun to watch. The main exhibits cover soldier lives, barracks, kitchens, archaeology, lakes, the gates and the battery.
Fort York Travel Tips
- Groups of 10+ should call to discuss their visit.
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the extensive FAQ on the attraction website.
- Download the historic site map from the attraction website.
- Check attraction calendar for current and upcoming events.
- Visit the Canteen Museum Store.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort York
- Seniors (65+) and 13–18 years of age:: $5.50
- 6-12 years of age: $4.25
- Children (5 and under): Free
How to Reach Fort York
- Streetcar 511, Bus 307 stop Bathurst St at Fort York Blvd.
- Bus 121 stop Fort York Blvd at Bathurst St West Side.
- Streetcar 509, Bus 307 stop Fleet St at Strachan Ave.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fort York Address: 250 Fort York Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada
- Fort York Contact Number: +1-4163926907
- Fort York Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Fort York Price: 9 CAD
- Time required to visit Fort York: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.03% of people who visit Toronto include Fort York in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
70.83% of people start their Fort York visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort York
88.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort York
People normally club together Rush Lane and Brookfield Place while planning their visit to Fort York.