Fort YorkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 250 Fort York Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4163926907
- Ticket Price: 9 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
Fort York - Review
The British Army and Canadian militia troops built these historical military fortifications in the late 18th and early 19th century to defend themselves against a potential attack from the young nation of USA. Most of the buildings here today are mud and brick reconstructions of early wooden structures. Twice, in 1812 and 1814, the site saw military conflict between the two parties. This is the country’s largest collection of original War of 1812 period buildings. Depending on the season the attraction puts on reenactments and demonstrations that are always fun to watch. The main exhibits cover soldier lives, barracks, kitchens, archaeology, lakes, the gates and the battery.
Fort York Information
- Groups of 10+ should call to discuss their visit.
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the extensive FAQ on the attraction website.
- Download the historic site map from the attraction website.
- Check attraction calendar for current and upcoming events.
- Visit the Canteen Museum Store.
Fort York Ticket Prices
- Seniors (65+) and 13–18 years of age:: $5.50
- 6-12 years of age: $4.25
- Children (5 and under): Free
How To reach Fort York by Public Transport
- Streetcar 511, Bus 307 stop Bathurst St at Fort York Blvd.
- Bus 121 stop Fort York Blvd at Bathurst St West Side.
- Streetcar 509, Bus 307 stop Fleet St at Strachan Ave.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fort York
6.69% of people who visit Toronto include Fort York in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.47% of people start their Fort York visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort York
88.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort York
Fort York Map
Fort York Trips
Fort York, Toronto Reviews
I’ve only ever been here for music and art festivals, but arguably that is what this area is best for. Grounds are well groomed, spacious and easy to get to via public transit. The area surrounding is very scenic. It’s a little pocket of green in the middle of a giant city. A little slice of wonder and magic.
Great time walking back in time through Fort York. The staff clearly love history and care. They were great at answering our questions and when we mentioned the show Edwardian Farm, they had actually seen it and love it too. It doesn't take very long to walk through, maybe a generous hour and a half so I would recommend going during an event to get the most out of your time here. Was a great experience with Canada's history and I'm excited to visit again during a cooking event.
You can see there how soldiers lived, what weapons they have, some surgical equipment they had at that time. It is interesting mostly for boys. My daughter did not interest. It was open doors day, so it was free. They attracted us with Lego exhibition but it was just one table with moving lego train. So, if next year they try this Lego trick please be aware.
Decades I've lived here and I've only finally visited this place for the first time. The people who work here know their stuff. And love it. And it shows. I had no idea that so much stuff went down here in the decades and centuries gone by and I'm glad the country/province has preserved it the way it has. Completely worth the visit.
A historic monument in Toronto's history. The fort can be viewed from the edge of Garrison Commons but to really experience it you have to go inside. You can sign up for tours by the newly designed exhibits underneath the fort. It's a clean open concept space that also includes a short film about the history.
All QuestionsFort york
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta