Greektown On The DanforthCurrently Open
- Address: Greektown Toronto, ON Canada Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Neighborhoods
Stretching between the Donlands and Chester Subway stations this neighborhood was named for Asa Danforth, a contractor and developer. After WWI this was one of the main areas in the cities into which Greek immigrants came. For tourists this place is just a great Greek food destination, especially in summer, when many places are open into the early hours of the morning. Other cuisines represented here are Spanish, Italian, Thai, and Irish (pubs). The decor of all these places reflect their cultural origins, but they also have a charming period feel. Shopping isn’t bad either, with lots of fashion boutiques and souvenir and curiosity shops.
In mid August the neighborhood hosts the popular Taste of the Danforth food festival that throws in some rides, music and sports too.
How to Reach Greektown On The Danforth
- Subway 2 stop Pape.
- Streetcars 304, 504, 505 stop Broadview Ave at Danforth Ave.
- Bus 72, 300, 325 stop Danforth Ave at Pape Ave.
- Bus 8, 62, 100 stop Broadview Station.
- Buses 87, 322, stop Erindale Ave at Broadview Ave East Side.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Greektown On The Danforth Address: Greektown Toronto, ON Canada
- Greektown On The Danforth Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Greektown On The Danforth: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.24% of people who visit Toronto include Greektown On The Danforth in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.44% of people start their Greektown On The Danforth visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Greektown On The Danforth
91.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Greektown On The Danforth
People normally club together The Beach and Yonge-dundas Square while planning their visit to Greektown On The Danforth.