Harbourfront CentreCurrently Open
- Address: 235 Queens Quay W, Toronto, ON M5J 2G8, Canada
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4169734000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
Harbourfront Centre - Review
With 450 organisations organising more than 4000 events annually, this open air center, park and marina is Toronto’s cultural heart. These events cover theatre, dance, festivals, skating, literature, music, concerts, film, visual arts, food, and craft. Most of these take place in venues such as:
- Artport Gallery
- Fleck Dance Theatre
- The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery
- Harbourfront Stage
- Natrel Rink - outdoor skating rink
- Lakeview Market
- World Cafe
- Toronto Music Garden - a delightful concept landscaping project, this garden was design by cellist Yo Yo Ma and landscape designer Julie Moir Messervy as a physical reflection of Baroque Era composer Bach’s Suite No. 1 in G Major for unaccompanied cello, BWV 1007. It is a popular concert space in summer.
- Lakeside Terrace
- Miss Lou's Room Craft & Design
- The Tall Ship Kajama
- Simcoe Wavedeck - a 2.6 meter high wooden deck curved to imitate high waves.
- Purina Pawsway - a pet center dedicated to pets and pet lovers, focusing primarily on cats and dogs.
- HTO park - this is an urban beach park of long sands, shady yellow umbrellas, green lawns, playful layout, a boardwalk and wide views of the waterfront.
Safe to say, it’s very hard to be bored around here. Even if you don’t actually go into an event, the Waterfront Trail is a entertaining walking and people watching area.
Harbourfront Centre Ticket Prices
- Individual venues, events and exhibitions may charge their own fees. Check the center website.
Harbourfront Centre Hours
- Individual venues, events and exhibitions may have their own hours. Check the center website.
How To reach Harbourfront Centre by Public Transport
- Streetcars 317, 509, 510 stop Queens Quay w at Harbourfront Centre.
- Union Station
- Subway 1 stop St Andrew Station
- Buses 6, 72, 97, 320 stop Bay St at Harbour St South Side (Toronto Island Ferry).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Harbourfront Centre
6.97% of people who visit Toronto include Harbourfront Centre in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
28.57% of people start their Harbourfront Centre visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Harbourfront Centre
94.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Harbourfront Centre
Harbourfront Centre Trips
Harbourfront Centre, Toronto Reviews
Everything was clean room spacious. Staff wonderful. Thank you to Sarah in housekeeping. George in security. They took good care of me. I was I'll first 2days ordered room service. Food was good and hot. The room service waiters would not accept tips I plan to go back next year
I really enjoy coming to the Harbourfront Centre. It's very peaceful and lovely to walk by the lake. The cultural events are terrific and there's always something fun going on especially on the weekends. There's a streetcar stop close by so you can easily leave your car at home and there's plenty of shopping and other services close by.
It is a great place to visit and explore whenever someone visits Toronto. One can enjoy really calm evenings there in summers. Although, winters are a but chilly. The best part is, in summers, you can do boating, taking ferries at nominal prices and explore and go to Toronto islands from there.
Love coming here! Lots to do and see, I find Harbourfront is a great representation of Toronto and our multiculturalism. There are many things to do all year round but it's best during the summertime. Different festivals every weekend with great music, food, goods, and performers! Super exciting and relaxing. I love coming here and I think its perfect for those who wants something different from the regular routine :)!
Love the street booths and the walks by the lakes. I got some insanely good Sea salt popcorn and checked out a live performance at the park. I love walking their theirs always a great view of the river. The weather is amazing right now perfect time to go.