High Park1872 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1873 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6R 2Z3, Canada
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4163380338
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Cafe, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Toronto’s favourite nature retreat is 161 hectares of hilly and wooded land with two ravines running north to south. It was opened in 1876 and now has lots of recreation facilities - playgrounds, picnic areas, off-leash areas for dogs, paved and unpaved trails, a free to use swimming complex, a winter ice hockey ice rink, tennis courts and baseball diamonds. Outside of this usual fare the park also has:
- Colborne Lodge: A historical museum in a 19th century building.
- Gardens: So many types of gardens! Rock, hanging, ornamental, flower Japanese, sculpture, and children’s.
- Grenadier Cafe
The small but adorable High Park Zoo, established in 1893, is free to visit, and its 11 paddocks house various domesticable species such as bison, llamas, peacocks, reindeer, highland cattle, wallabies, emus and barbary sheep. It receives over half a million visitors every year thanks to its location in the park.
In summer watch out for events like Shakespeare in High Park in the park's amphitheatre. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Toronto Itinerary 7 Days.
High Park Travel Tips
- Check the park’s event calendar on the park website.
- The park has a map on its website with a detailed legend highlighting its attractions.
- Cycling not allowed on unpaved paths.
High Park Hours
- High Park Zoo: 7am - sunset
How to Reach High Park
- Buses 301, 501 stop The Queensway at Colborne Lodge Dr West Side.
- Subway 2 stop High Park.
- Buses 506 stop High Park Loop.
- Bus 300 stop Bloor St West at Parkside Dr.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.35% of people who visit Toronto include High Park in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
38.99% of people start their High Park visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see High Park
94.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting High Park
High Park Reviews & Ratings
How much ticket cost?Answer Report Abuse
The entrance to High Park, Toronto is freeReport Abuse