High Park, Toronto
High Park, Toronto - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1873 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6R 2Z3, Canada
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 17K times in trip plans
Park, Play Ground, Cafe, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About High Park, Toronto
Toronto’s favourite nature retreat is 161 hectares of hilly and wooded land with two ravines running north to south. It was opened in 1876 and now has lots of recreation facilities - playgrounds, picnic areas, off-leash areas for dogs, paved and unpaved trails, a free to use swimming complex, a winter ice hockey ice rink, tennis courts and baseball diamonds. Outside of this usual fare the park also has:
- Colborne Lodge: A historical museum in a 19th century building.
- Gardens: So many types of gardens! Rock, hanging, ornamental, flower Japanese, sculpture, and children’s.
- Grenadier Cafe
The small but adorable High Park Zoo, established in 1893, is free to visit, and its 11 paddocks house various domesticable species such as bison, llamas, peacocks, reindeer, highland cattle, wallabies, emus and barbary sheep. It receives over half a million visitors every year thanks to its location in the park.
In summer watch out for events like Shakespeare in High Park in the park's amphitheatre.
High Park Information
- Check the park’s event calendar on the park website.
- The park has a map on its website with a detailed legend highlighting its attractions.
- Cycling not allowed on unpaved paths.
High Park Opening and Closing Hours
- High Park Zoo: 7am - sunset
How To reach High Park by Public Transport
- Buses 301, 501 stop The Queensway at Colborne Lodge Dr West Side.
- Subway 2 stop High Park.
- Buses 506 stop High Park Loop.
- Bus 300 stop Bloor St West at Parkside Dr.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.