Legislative Assembly Of Ontario, Toronto
About Legislative Assembly Of Ontario, Toronto
Legislative Assembly Of Ontario, Toronto - Address, Phone Number
Address: 111 Wellesley St W, Toronto, ON M7A 1A2, Canada
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Interchangeably hailed by the name of the park that contains it this is the seat of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. It is an elegant and stately structure, completed in 1893 in Richardsonian Romanesque style, made of pink Ontario sandstone bricks, decorated with stone carvings in gargoyles, grotesques, and friezes. Various tours are offered by the management that each focus on a specific theme - building, architecture, Queen’s park, and Victorian Tea & Tour with musical recital. Only the building tour happens throughout the year; all the others happen on special dates.
Legislative Assembly Of Ontario Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the dining room, the cafe and the gift shop.
Legislative Assembly Of Ontario Ticket Prices
- Victorian Tea & Tour: CAD 25
Legislative Assembly Of Ontario Opening and Closing Hours
Tours last 30 minutes.
January 1 to May 20: Tours every hour from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
May 21 to June 30:
- Monday to Friday: Every hour from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: Every 30 minutes from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
July 2 to September 5:
- Monday - Friday: Every half-hour from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: Every half-hour from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
September 6 to December 31:
- Every hour from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Specific dates for these tours may vary a little from year to year.
How To reach Legislative Assembly Of Ontario by Public Transport
- Subway 1 stop Queen's Park Station.
- Streetcars 306, 506 stop College St at University Ave (Queen's Park Station).
- Bus 5, 142 stop Queen's Park Cres West at Hart House.
- Bus 94 stop Wellesley St West at Parliament Building.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Legislative Assembly Of Ontario, Toronto Reviews - Write a Review
We took the tour guide here. It's at every 30 min of the hour. It's been a great experience. Great for tourists, kids, or even locals like me who's never been interested in politics. ☺️
Beautiful government building in a great location close to the university, the Royal Ontario Museum, and downtown. Houses the Ontario government. The surrounding Queen's Park grounds are beautiful. A must visit location on a tour of Toronto architecture.
Really nice building , has a well maintained park in front of it to sit and relax . With lots of old statues in it too .
Great building. Architecture is amazing. They offer free guided tours every 30 minutes that are 30 minutes long. Unfortunately you can't see a lot but the building is still very impressive.
Really nice and informative outside and inside guided tour; for free. Takes about 45 min. Photos can be taken, videos not.
- Nearby Attractions
- Scarborough Museum
- Ireland Park
- St. Basil's Church
- Redpath Sugar Museum
- Etienne Brule Park
- Mztv Museum Of Television
- The Horseshoe Tavern
- The Bovine Sex Club
- Sheraton Centre
- Beta Shoe Museum
- Toronto Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toronto
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toronto