Nathan Phillips SquareCurrently Open
- Address: 100 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2, Canada
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4162032600
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Statue, Square, Family And Kids
About Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto
Canada’s largest city square attractions over a million and half visitors every year thanks to various reasons. The location near Toronto City Hall and Osgoode Hall certainly helps, as does being one of the stops on Queen Street West. But it is the near continuous event calendar of art exhibits, festivals, concerts, demonstrations and other events that keep the square in the public mind. Highlights of the square include:
- A reflecting pool that is frozen in the winter and transformed into an ice skating rink.
- The three freedom arches spanning the reflective pool, with a piece of the Berlin wall at the base of the central arch.
- Oscar Nemon's statue of Sir Winston Churchill .
- Three-Way Piece No. 2 (The Archer) sculpture by Henry Moore.
- The Peace Garden memorial to the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.
- The Elevated walkway that goes around the perimeter square.
Nathan Phillips Square Information
- Smoking is not permitted in the square.
How To reach Nathan Phillips Square by Public Transport
- Subway 1
- Streetcar 301, 501
- Buses 502 stop Queen Station
- Buses 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 502 stop Queen St West at University Ave (Osgoode Station).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nathan Phillips Square
13.21% of people who visit Toronto include Nathan Phillips Square in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
62.55% of people start their Nathan Phillips Square visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Nathan Phillips Square
93.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nathan Phillips Square
Nathan Phillips Square Map
Nathan Phillips Square Trips
Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto Reviews
This is a great place to be to skate on your own or with your family and friends. Feel the hustle and bustle of the city. Surrounded by lots of friendly people who are there to enjoy the downtown atmosphere. One of the things you should be concerned about is where you put your items. Make sure you keep an eye on your stuff as there's been a increase in theft of property. This should not however deter you from having a great time at this great location. Have a great time.
This place is a epitome of convenience. This is multipurpose venue used for many recreational activities. It is located in heart of Downtown at Bay and Osgoode near to Osgood Hall,City Hall and multiple subway stations at a 5 min walk.I went there for Canada Day,New Year and def other celebrations.There is a always a huge turnout at events and it is quite fun with the iconic colorful Toronto Neon Sign that resides in the middle of Square. The ice skating field is great as well.
OMG this places is so beautiful. I spend there New Years Eve 2018, wasn’t really crowded. A lot people told because the bad weather (to cold) the skate rental were open until 10pm, the beautiful buildings around the square look stunning with the sunset light. The skate rental are kinda cheap; like $10 per 2 hours or kinda off. But this place is magical, really really have something in the air. I just loved it (I even got interviewed for the local news, because I was wearing a costume for the ‘Happy new Year’)
It's a cute public square with a good ambiance. I went there during the Christmas events. There were a lot of looks selling drinks, clothes, food, jewelry and many other things, but you can easily see all of them within 30 minutes if you don't have a lot of time. If you do have the time, I wouldn't recommend trying to skate if you want to skate for fun, because when I was there, there were so many people taking up the whole ice ring that most of them couldn't skate without bumping into someone. The line for skate rental was pretty long too. Would recommend for a cute first date!
Great for sharing and bringing family and friends.. Really give a positive Toronto vibe. Especially because it's in the heart of downtown and a Toronto sign that's been put up definitely does the trick. Parking is just underneath the rink. It does get crowded but adds to the fun. Often times the ice is not the smoothest so wouldn't recommend for regular skates. The are rentals and food stands. Also a Halal hot dog stand was there. Best of all right next door to the Eaton center to go grab a bite after. Parking also is ample and one of the better prices in the downtown area.
All QuestionsNathan phillips square
- Camping Mareneve
- Ledi SRL
- Federazione Italiana Della Caccia
- Arteuropa Di Avallone Lucia
- Cavallari Alberto
- Video Film Di Spano Sabrina
- Ufficio Catechistico Diocesano
- La Discoteca Di Memmoli Alfredo E C. SAS
- Istituto Diocesano Sostentamento Clero
- Istit. Dei Concerti E Del Teatro Lirico G.P.Da Palestrina
- Agenzia Funebre Ruggeri E.
- Diskusfische Kobernaußerwald
- Associazione Nazionale Libera Caccia
- Farmasig Di Giorgio Pineider & C. SAS