Textile Museum Of Canada, Toronto
About Textile Museum Of Canada, Toronto
Textile Museum Of Canada, Toronto - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 55 Centre Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 2H5, Canada
Ticket Price: 20 CAD
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 754 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This museum explores 2000 years of human history in over 200 different regions by looking at one thing only - textiles. The development of textiles was a universal phenomenon in the ages that man found civilisation. With it broad collection of over 13000 artefacts - clothes, ceremonial vestments, carpets, tapestries, and so on - the museum is able to install some of the most striking and unusual history exhibits in the country. Check the attraction website for upcoming and current exhibitions. The exhibits are arranged by types, techniques, materials, regions and period, making for some excellent comparative study.
Textile Museum Of Canada Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the shop.
Textile Museum Of Canada Ticket Prices
- Youth and Student (with ID) - $6.00
- Seniors (65+) - $10.00
- Children under 5: Free
- Family (5 individuals; max. 2 adults) - $30.00
- Wednesday: 5pm-8pm: Pay what you can.
Textile Museum Of Canada Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed: Easter Weekend (including Good Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Easter Monday)
- Open: Family Day, August Civic Holiday, Labour Day
How To reach Textile Museum Of Canada by Public Transport
- Subway 1 stop St Patrick Station.
- Streetcar 505 stop Dundas St West at University Ave.
- Streetcar 301, 501; Bus 141, 143, 144, 145, 502 stop Queen St West at Simcoe St West Side.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Textile Museum Of Canada, Toronto Reviews - Write a Review
Good if you already have a strong knowledge and appreciation for textiles. Wed at 5pm is pay what you can. Tiny museum so an hour or 2 is plenty. I recommend it to weaver's, dyers, knitters, textile artist, etc. but not otherwise.
Showed up an electric wheelchair For a Japanese textile exhibit. Fully wheelchair accessible. Toronto's Hidden gem
Better than expected. They had 2 expositions (1 per floor) Japanese and Huichole textiles. The guided tour was great. They also have a hands on where you can operate a number of weaving machines.
Small museum, should take an hour to complete. Not too interesting. But good with a free Toronto Library museum pass.
It's a pretty small museum but its nice, neat and has nice exhibits
- Nearby Attractions
- Shangri-la Hotel, Toronto
- Sunset Grill
- Toronto Sculpture Garden
- Bar Raval
- Niagara Regional Municipality
- Ward's Island
- Baldwin Street
- Harbour Square
- Toronto Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 48 Hours in Toronto
- What to See in 72 Hours in Toronto
- How to Spend 5 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 6 Days in Toronto
- How to Spend 7 Days in Toronto