The Beach, Toronto
The Beach, Toronto - Address
Address: The Beach, Toronto, ON, Canada
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Beach, Trail, Park, Leisure, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About The Beach, Toronto
This waterfront neighborhood gets its name from the four beaches (which are four sections of one unbroken beach) connected by its three kilometre long boardwalk and Martin Goodman Trail bike path - Woodbine Beach, Kew Beach, Scarboro Beach, and Balmy Beach. But the neighborhood’s appeal extends to its streets, a collection of Victorian and Edwardian houses and buildings with lots of specialty shops. And between the beaches and the streets is an extensive park system, some of which, such as the Kew Gardens, are prominent attractions in their own right. In combination these three elements create a devastatingly charming area for strolling at leisure. The highlights are:
- The beaches listed above, the boardwalk and Martin Goodman Trail.
- Balmy Beach Park, Ivan Forrest Gardens, Pantry Park, Ashbridges Bay Park, Woodbine Park.
- The Kew Gardens, the Dr. William D. Young Memorial and the 1901 Kew Williams House.
- The 1908 Whitelock's Grocery Store
- George Davis House
- Ashbridge's Bay and Park
- R. C. Harris Water Treatment Plant
- Fox Theatre - North America's oldest continuously operated movie theatre.
- The Goof Canadian Chinese Restaurant
- Glenn Gould's family home, 32 Southwood Drive
- The 1920 Leuty Lifeguard Station
Some of the people who call or have called this area home include Glenn Gould, Miley Cyrus, Peter Robinson, Keanu Reeves, and Keifer and Donald Sutherland.
How To reach The Beach by Public Transport
- Streetcar 501; Bus 143 stop Queen St East at Lee Ave.
- Streetcar 501, 301; Buses 22, 322, 502, 503 stop Queen St East at Kingston Rd.
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.