Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto
Tommy Thompson Park - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 1 Leslie St, Toronto, ON M4M 3M2, Canada
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Park, Family And Kids
Plan your vacation itinerary now for a fun filled trip!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto
This 5 kilometres long man made headland took five decades to construct. It was meant to be a natural extension of the coastline but somehow involved into a recreation area and natural reserve. Now it is one of the most important bird sanctuaries in the city, with over 300 species identified, leading to the creation of the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station on site. Additional some other flora has developed on the preserve - cottonwood, meadows, marshes and even sand dunes. Access is restricted during daytime on weekdays. Most people only visit during the weekends and summer for hiking, cycling, rollerblading and fishing. The park also has nice views of the Toronto skyline and of Lake Ontario.
Tommy Thompson Park Information
- You can find a map of the trails on the Park website.
- Vehicles and pets are not allowed.
- Don’t wander off trail.
- Come well equipped - water, backpacks, binoculars, sunscreen, camera, closed shoes, snacks and water.
- Contact the park for access to the guided walks.
Tommy Thompson Park Opening and Closing Hours
Guided walks dates:
- Sunday morning bird walks: April 3rd – June 5th and August 14th – November 13th (specific dates may change from year to year).
- Saturday Morning Nature Walks: April - mid-November
- Family Nature Walks: Mid-January- Mid-December
How To reach Tommy Thompson Park by Public Transport
- 83 Jones S. bus from Donlands station stop Commissioners St.
- 501 streetcar along Queen St. to Leslie St.
- Drive to the entrance.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto Reviews
- Attractions near Tommy Thompson Park
- Cherry Beach - Clark Beach Park
- Greektown On The Danforth
- Toronto Necropolis
- Riverdale Farm
- Distillery District
- Ontario Spring Water Sake Company
- Toronto Railway Museum
- Redpath Sugar Museum
- Air Canada Centre
- St. Andrews Club & Conference Centre
- Flatiron Building
- Elgin And Winter Garden Theatres