Toronto City Hall, TorontoCurrently Open
- Address: 100 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2, Canada
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
About Toronto City Hall, Toronto
Also known as the ‘Eye of the Government’ because the layout look like an eye when seen from above, Toronto’s fourth city hall is worth a quick visit for its architecture and history. Highlights include:
- First floor: A large rotunda, The Hall of Memory, "Golden Book of Remembrance" (with names of the city residents who died in WWII), a time capsule from 1962, David Partridge's Metropolis mural that is made from nails, a scale model of the city and a display of historic photographs.
- Second floor: City of Toronto's Coat of Arms, Mayor's ceremonial chain of office, the Views to the City mosaic.
- The council chamber between the two buildings.
- The Three-Way Piece No. 2 (the Archer) sculpture by Henry Moore.
Toronto City Hall Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Contact the hall for possible guided tours.
- Get the tour booklet from the city hall website.
How To reach Toronto City Hall by Public Transport
- Subway 1; Streetcar 301, 501; Buses 502 stop Queen Station.
- Buses 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 502 stop Queen St West at University Ave (Osgoode Station).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Toronto City Hall, Toronto Reviews
Small Business Marketing Event at Council Chamber Toronto City Hall meetings are held here with the Mayor and Councillors, ditto public events by businesses and citizens when approved. A beautiful modern design with state of the art technology for presentations overhead slideshow and video, power outlets to connect laptop and mobile smart phone, microphones and speaker system, seating surrounding central podium, bright lighting, and social room at top behind for food, drinks, sponsor information tables. An honourable respectable location to host a business event for future entrepreneurs operating in Toronto.
Great meeting place in the heart of the city The hall is a beautiful building built in 1964 -65
Such a great beautiful place clean everyone was so nice and calm keep up the great work everyone!!!
Well known building. It even appeared on a Star Trek episode!
Great atmosphere with ice rink ...contrast to old city hall