Toronto City HallCurrently Closed
- Address: 100 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2, Canada
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Toronto City Hall - Review
Also known as the ‘Eye of the Government’ because the layout look like an eye when seen from above, Toronto’s fourth city hall is worth a quick visit for its architecture and history. Highlights include:
- First floor: A large rotunda, The Hall of Memory, "Golden Book of Remembrance" (with names of the city residents who died in WWII), a time capsule from 1962, David Partridge's Metropolis mural that is made from nails, a scale model of the city and a display of historic photographs.
- Second floor: City of Toronto's Coat of Arms, Mayor's ceremonial chain of office, the Views to the City mosaic.
- The council chamber between the two buildings.
- The Three-Way Piece No. 2 (the Archer) sculpture by Henry Moore.
Toronto City Hall Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Contact the hall for possible guided tours.
- Get the tour booklet from the city hall website.
How To reach Toronto City Hall by Public Transport
- Subway 1; Streetcar 301, 501; Buses 502 stop Queen Station.
- Buses 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 502 stop Queen St West at University Ave (Osgoode Station).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Toronto City Hall
1.24% of people who visit Toronto include Toronto City Hall in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
71.43% of people start their Toronto City Hall visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Toronto City Hall
62.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Toronto City Hall
Toronto City Hall Trips
7 Views14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to New York City, Toronto, Washington, D. C., Niagara Falls from PortoBy: Published PrivatelyCity: New York City, Washington D. C., Niagara Falls, Toronto
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights12 Day Trip to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara Falls from BangkokBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Toronto, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Montreal
Toronto City Hall, Toronto Reviews
I read somewhere Toronto means ‘meeting place’. There is no better place to meet, relax, and enjoy our beautiful city to spend relaxing great time. We are grateful to live in one of the most diverse and beautiful cities in the world, amazingly multicultural, 185 languages spoken by many wonderfully kind people. United we stand. Our T❤️ronto is fabulous, unique, strong, brave and fearless. We are blessed to live in a phenomenal city we L❤️VE
This is a beautiful public space in Toronto. In the summer check out the green roof on the third floor, also accessible from the ramp in Nathan Phillips Square. There’s a running track up there as well as flowers and benches to sit and read. The building has public washrooms in the basement. Head to the right in the direction of the library to see signs for the washrooms.
Beautiful architecture. Amazing place to relax. During the winter is the ice ring. Many free events happen. Like celebration of earth day etc.
i love skating here during the winter holidays. it's crowded, but it's fun when you're skating with friends and family. just make sure you carry your belongings with you because it's downtown and there's lots of sketchy people downtown.
Love the new updates they've made to the exterior especially the huge Toronto added last year. Inside is nice and clean. Here's a sneak peak of the member's lounge I had the privilege of being at during a community event