Toronto Island Park, Toronto
Toronto Island Park, Toronto - Address, Phone Number
Address: Toronto, ON, Canada
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 18.5K times in trip plans
Island, Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Toronto Island Park, Toronto
The charming island neighborhoods of this park are Toronto’s favourite summer hangout. There are three main islands - Ward’s, Center, and Hanlans - and eight smaller named ones, and even more unnamed ones. The views of Toronto’s skyline, the many picnic spots and lots of outdoor sports amenities (Volleyball, Softball, Swimming, Boating, Disc Golf, Trails) are all standard, but there is more. Here’s a quick breakdown of what the island has to offer:
- Centreville Amusement Park: 30 rides and 14 eateries.
- Franklin Children's Garden: An engaging storytelling themed nature discovery garden for kids.
- Ward's Island: The cutest collection of English style island homes you ever saw, and you can rent them too.
- Far Enough Farm: A year round petting zoo that is a major hit with the kids for its ponies and rabbits and sheep and other cute animals.
- Hanlan's Point Beach: Clothing optional beach
- Gibraltar Point lighthouse: An apparently haunted lighthouse from 1808.
- There are 10 other swimming beaches, including a handful of Blue Flag certification.
Some outfits provide fun and themed tours of the islands that you might want to check out on the park websites.
Toronto Island Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended timings are given based on the presumption that you’re at the island for a specific activity. To see everything will take you around three days.
How To reach Toronto Island Park by Public Transport
- Take the ferry from Jack Layton Ferry Terminal on the Toronto waterfront to the docks at either Hanlan's Point, Centre Island Park or Ward's Island. Ferry hours change by seasons so remember to check the park or ferry provider website. You can buy return fare.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toronto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toronto and book an accommodation of your choice.