About Babbacombe, Torquay
Babbacombe, Torquay - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Babbacombe, Torquay, Torbay TQ1, UK
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Village, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It is a district of Torquay located in Devon and is one of the most beautiful places on the English Riviera. It also has two beaches, one the Babbacombe beach, which is a small pebble beach and second the Oddicombe beach, which is a long, red and sandy beach. It is mostly famous for its village park.
This fictional village was set up by Tom Dobbins in 1963. The place has beautiful gardens and a pleasant atmosphere to relax and refresh your mind. It is built on about 4 acres of land and has various models including that of a train track and many buildings based on UK prototypes and landmarks.
The following features of Babbacombe and the fictional village never fails to attract visitors-
Many models are on display following architectural styles of the Medieval, Tudor, Georgian, Victorian times.
- The model of a fire-breathing dragon on the medieval castle.
- The iconic Stonehenge, the shard and the thatched roof huts.
- The stunning view across the Lyme Bay.
- The cliff railway to the Oddicombe beach.
- Within walking distance is the St. Mary church along with a beautiful shopping destination with shops to suit all tastes.
- An evening show at the Babbacombe theatre is also desirable.
- The Bygones Victorian Street Museum is just round the corner as well.
- The Babbacombe beach
- The Babbacombe Theatre
- The railway cliff
- The waterfalls
Babbacombe is an ideal location for spending a quiet and peaceful holiday in the serene greenery of the surrounding valleys.
- The village tour can be enjoyed more during the daytime except when there are events in the evening.
- Babbacombe district should be visited preferably in the drier months.
- Make sure you do not miss out on the colorful daily events like the evening illuminations, Easter Trail, ‘Alice In A Miniature Wonderland‘ & ‘The Mad Hatter’s Tea Part’y, Halloween’s Evenings of Mini Horrors, Christmas at Modern Village.
- Taste the delicious food range available in the Hanbury’s fish and chip shop and lip smacking drinks at the Cary Arms.
- Try to catch atleast one show at the Babbacombe theatre.
- Hop into the streets of St. Marychurch and experience the ideal shopping destination.
Babbacombe Ticket Prices
- Admission to the district is open for all and is free.
- The admission charges to the Babbacombe model village are- Adults- 10.50 Pounds.
- Senior citizens- 9.50 Pounds.
- For a family of four- 34.50 Pounds.
Babbacombe Opening and Closing Hours
- The timings for entry to the village are-
- January 1st to 31st- 10:30 am.
- February 1st to 28th- 10:30 am.
- March 1st to 24th October- 10:00 am.
- October 25th to December 31st- 10:30 am.
- Entry into the district is open all day.
- Entry to the district is never restricted. For people staying in the model village gates are closed at:
- January 6th to 31st- 04:00 pm.
- March 1st to 13th April- 04:30 pm.
- April 14th to 21st- 05:00 pm.
- April 22nd to May 23rd- 05:30 pm.
- May 24th to June 1st- 10:30 pm.
- June 2nd to 30th- 05:30 pm.
- July 1st to September 12th- Monday to Friday – 10:30 pm.
- Saturday & Sunday – 05:30 pm.
- September 13th to October 24th- 05:30 pm.
- October 25th to 31st- 10:00 pm.
- November 1st to December 12th- 04:00 pm.
- December 13th to January 2nd- 05:00 pm.
- Time duration to visit is for 6 to 7 days.
How To reach Babbacombe by Public Transport
- Service 22 from Paignton Town to St. Mary church.
- Service 32 from The Willows Shopping to St. Mary church.
- Service 11 from Dawlish to St. Mary church.
Restaurants Near Babbacombe
- The Bay Tree Cafe
- The Coffee House
- Driftwood café
- Memories Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Torquay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Torquay and book an accommodation of your choice.