Babbacombe Model Village475 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hampton Avenue, Babbacombe, Torquay, Devon TQ1 3LA,UK, TQ1 3LA, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 4401-803315315
- Fax: +1-01803315173
- Ticket Price: 10 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Village, Theme Park, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks
A miniature village located in Torquay, Devon and it is one of the most beautiful places on the English Riviera. It has been designated as a global geopark by the UNESCO. This mock village was set up by Tom Dobbins in 1963. The place has beautiful gardens and a pleasant atmosphere to relax and refresh your mind. It is built on about 4 acres of land and has various models including that of a cute little train track, precious gardens and many buildings exactly based on UK prototypes and landmarks.
The following features of the village never fails to attract visitors-
- The pretty miniature model houses of Tudor, Gregorian and Victorian architecture.
- The model of a fire-breathing dragon on the medieval castle.
- The iconic Stonehenge, the shard and the thatched roof huts.
- The stunning view across the Lyme Bay.
- The cliff railway to the Oddicombe beach.
- Within walking distance is the St. Mary church along with a beautiful shopping destination with shops to suit all tastes.
- An evening show at the Babbacombe theatre is also desirable.
- The mesmerizing waterfalls is an absolute treat for your eyes
- The west country fishing village is a new attraction to be added to your list.
- The 4-D cinemas are very exciting.
- There are lots of hidden secrets to be discovered in the form of new attractions once you start exploring.
The village is much bigger than visitors expect and there is fun and mystery unfolding every few minutes as you go on finding out new places attracting you. The names of the shops in this village include humorous puns like The Terry-bull gardening and services (terrible), Amanda Lofe- homebaked cakes and breads, etc. All in all, the village feels like a window, to a secret Lilliput land of which you want to be a part of!
Babbacombe Model Village Travel Tips
Tips & Warnings:
- The village should preferably be visited during the drier months as the weather is pleasant and a better tour is possible.
- Entry is prohibited after the mentioned latest entry hours.
- The village tour can be enjoyed more during the daytime except when there are events in the evening.
- The Bygones Victorian Street Museum is just round the corner as well.
- Taste the delicious food range available in the Hanbury’s fish and chip shop and lip smacking drinks at the Cary Arms.
- Make sure you do not miss out on the colourful daily events like the evening illuminations, Easter Trail, Alice in a Miniature Wonderland & the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, Halloween’s Evenings of Mini Horrors, Christmas at Modern Village.
Entrance Ticket Details For Babbacombe Model Village
- Adults- 10.50 Pounds.
- Senior citizens- 9.50 Pounds.
- For a family of four- 34.50 Pounds.
- The 4D theatre charge is extra for 1 Pound per person.
- Local residents can get a 20% discount on tickets on weekends on presenting proper citizenship proofs.
Babbacombe Model Village Hours
- October 25th to 28th February: 10:30 am.
- March 1st to 24th October: 10:00 am.
- January 6th to 31st: 04:00 pm.
- March 1st to 13th April: 04:30 pm.
- April 14th to 21st: 05:00 pm.
- April 22nd to May 23rd: 05:30 pm.
- May 24th to June 1st: 10:30 pm.
- June 2nd to 30th: 05:30 pm.
- July 1st to September 12th: Monday to Friday: 10:30 pm and Saturday to Sunday: 05:30 pm.
- September 13th to October 24th: 05:30 pm.
- October 25th to 31st: 10:00 pm.
- November 1st to December 12th: 04:00 pm.
- December 13th to January 2nd: 05:00 pm.
How to Reach Babbacombe Model Village
- Service 22 from Paignton Town to St. Mary church
- Service 32 from The Willows Shopping to St. Mary church
- Service 11 from Dawlish to St. Mary church
- The Bay Tree Cafe
- The Coffee House
- Driftwood cafe
- Memories Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Torquay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Torquay and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Torquay include Babbacombe Model Village in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
87.05% of people start their Babbacombe Model Village visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Babbacombe Model Village
77.78% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Babbacombe Model Village
Babbacombe Model Village Reviews & Ratings
HI are you doing winter wonderland this yearAnswer Report Abuse
I'm not sure if there will be the winter wonderland this year but there are interesting programs such as the Magical Christmas Lights, miniature Christmas scenes, and Mini-Panto from December 8th to January 1st.Report Abuse