Big WheelCurrently Open
- Address: Rivermead House, 7 Lewis Court, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicestershire, LE19 1SD, UK., Torquay, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 011-59679991
- Ticket Price: 5 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Landmark, View Point, Theme Park, Family And Kids
The Big Wheel of Torquay towers high above the mesmerizing harbour of the English Riviera. The Wheel is situated within the very popular Pavilion Gardens. From the height of 60 metres above the ground level, you can actually take a bird- eye view of the beauty and charm of Torquay. The Big Wheel is installed just at the sea front of the city and is even taller the Nelson’s Column. It is almost of the same height of that of 15 double decker buses.
It is a remarkable attraction which is brought straight from the Victoria Park or the London Olympic Park. It was the centre of attraction next to the Olympic Village. It offers an amazing view of both the bay and the harbour when you are just enjoying a ride in a gondola. It seems really scary at first but once you get going on it you will just feel like taking one more ride every time it stops.
Another surprising fact about this gigantic wheel of 365 tons is that it was completed in just 4 days and then it was ready for you and your family to enjoy as many rides as you want on it! Once you step into one of the wheel’s gondolas and you will be flying in the air. Just enjoy the mind-blowing view in every direction. It feels like just as if the skyline is at a hand’s distance. It is a fun-filled experience with just that right amount of thrill. The 12 minutes ride on the Wheel is absolutely soundless due to the most modern technology used in the installation.
The Wheel has-
- 40 gondolas which can carry upto 6 persons per gondola
- There is also 1 v.i.p. gondola and another for disabled people.
- Each ride is of 12 minutes and it is made more entertaining with the commentary on Torquay’s history and other attractions for the passengers.
- There is also a local radio option.
- Each gondola has a 360 degree view to give you the same beautiful view in all weathers.
Big Wheel Travel Tips
- You are supposed to do bookings atleast 48 hours in advance so that your tickets are processed properly and on time.
- The special ticket holders must arrive 15 minutes prior to the closing hour for the last gondola flight.
- The VIP ticket holders must come 30 minutes prior to closing hours for the last gondola flight.
- Online tickets must be purchased 48 hours in advance and it will also charge you 5% extra regarding handling charges.
- The refund of tickets is not possible under any circumstances.
- A valid ID proof should be available in case of students and senior citizens to claim concessions.
- Tickets purchased under any third party promotions must be brought along with the 3rd party literature, coupons, cut outs, etc.
- There are even special gondolas where champagne is served to make your ride even more special.
- A VIP gondola has tinted glass and 4 more standard seats for a better view.
Entrance Ticket Details For Big Wheel
- Students and senior citizens- 4.00 Pounds.
- Children(3-16)- 3.00 Pounds.
- Children (below 3yrs)- free.
- Private gondola- 30.00 (for upto 6 people).
- VIP gondola- 40.00 (for upto 4 people).
- VIP gondola with champagne- 65.00 Pounds.
- Discount is available on online bookings.
How to Reach Big Wheel
- Nearest rail station is torquay.
- Any bus till Pavillion Park.
- The Regatta Restaurant
- The Elephant
- Number 7 Fish Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Torquay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Torquay and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.27% of people who visit Torquay include Big Wheel in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
54.84% of people start their Big Wheel visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Big Wheel
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Big Wheel
Big Wheel Reviews & Ratings
when does the big wheel finish this yearAnswer Report Abuse
The official ticket booking website for the wheel shows that the tickets are available only for August. So, it will probably be closed from September onwards.Report Abuse
What is the price to go on the wheel. Any discounts for OAP'sAnswer Report Abuse
The standard tickets of the Big Wheel are priced at a concession rate of 6 Pounds for senior citizens. The special gondola has different prices. You may visit the official website for more information on them.Report Abuse