Bygones124 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fore St, Torquay TQ1 4PR, UK, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1803326108
- Ticket Price: 7 GBP
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Run by the Cuming family, the Bygones is a living vintage museum depicting the realistic Victorian Street where the antique shops line along showcasing the artefacts of the bygone era. The Victorian Street is laden with fifteen shops and nine period rooms such as the sweet shop, toy shop, lace shop, Pawnbroker, ironmonger, Apothecary and Dolls Store. The highlight of Bygones is the 27-ton Steam Engine that speaks on behalf of the Railwayana. The model railway track spanning 28 feet, the brass nameplates of the Victorian engines, railway posters are also noteworthy. Explore the walk-through trenches, displays of the wartime scenario of World War I and II, Waterloo and the Gulf War will evoke goose bumps. The Amusement Arcade from the Victorian Era, the authentic collections from the British history within the three floors of the museum and the Fabulous Fifties shopping Arcade will never cease to mesmerize you.
Bygones Travel Tips
- Do check the timings prior to visit as they are subject to change sometimes.
- No credit and debit cards are accepted.
- Dogs are only allowed on the streets but not in the cafe and museum.
- Don’t miss the 1940’s and 1950’s style shopping arcades.
- Make sure you take back souvenirs from the Jubilee gift shop.
- There are also olden day tea-rooms here.
- The shops have Apothecary on the windows which were used as symbols in bygone times as very few people understood the sign above.
- Visit the toy shop which has toys of the Victorian age and also playing objects of the poor children then like wooded horses and other wooden toys.
- The Fantasy Land is the most popular attraction especially for children. Here there are buildings from all over the world which become interactive with just one press of a button.
- There is also a circus awaiting you at the end.
- The amusement arcade is also worth visiting.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bygones
- Adults – 7.95 Pounds.
- Children (4-14 years) – 9.50 Pounds.
- Children (under 4 years) – free.
- Senior citizens – 6.95 Pounds.
- Disabled visitors and carriers – 5.50 Pounds.
- Family (2 adults & 2 children) – 25 Pounds.
- Group ( 15 people or more) – 5.50 Pounds per ticket.
- Parties (birthdays) – 6.95 Pounds per ticket.
- Wheelchair access to GF only – 3.50 Pounds per ticket.
- The latest entry is an hour before the closing hour every day.
How to Reach Bygones
- Buses 22, 30, 32C, 34, SB5, T3 to stop - Chilcote Memorial
- Buses 22, 32C to stop –Hampton Avenue
- Buses 22, 32C, 34, SB5, T3 to stop –Town Hall
- The Boathouse
- Burger king
- Honeymoon restaurant
- Marina restaurant
- Richards fish cafe
- Cafe Nero
- Daisy cakes
- Phoenix cafe
- The Elizabethan Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Torquay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Torquay and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.73% of people who visit Torquay include Bygones in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
80.39% of people start their Bygones visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Bygones
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bygones