Gare Du Telepherique Du Mont FaronCurrently Closed
- Address: 2 Boulevard AmiralVence, 83200 Toulon, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-494926825
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, Zoo, Scenic Drive, Food And Drinks, Military Area , Nature
Another limestone mountain that’s excellent for rock-climbers, Mont Faronrises is situated 580 metres above the sea level. However, you don’t need to risk your neck to enjoy the spectacular views from this mountain’s top. This cable car from the city will take you to the summit, where you can kill several hours doing… whatever:rock-climbing, VTT (mountain) biking, jogging or hiking and picnics.
At the mountain you can find:
- Memorial to the landings in Provence (Museum of Beaumont Tower) – some cool military history.
- Military forts, a chapel and a belvedere.
- Faron Zoo – 20 minutes walk from the cable cars station at the top; it has about 30 species of big cats. It’s not a very impressive zoo though; the animals look miserable.
- Two restaurants.
- The address provided here is for the base starting point of the cable car.
- Expect long queues in August.
- There will be no rides in case of low clouds and/or high winds.
- Shuttle departs every 10-15 minutes.
- Not very disabled accessible.
- Timings are subject to frequent change. Check the attraction website or call the organisers.
- EUR 4 for kids 4-10
- Bus No. 40 will take you to the Telepherique.
- Restaurants at Mount Faron.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Toulon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toulon and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Toulon include Gare Du Telepherique Du Mont Faron in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.24% of people start their Gare Du Telepherique Du Mont Faron visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Gare Du Telepherique Du Mont Faron
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gare Du Telepherique Du Mont Faron
A great view and worth the trip. Superb photo opportunities. The Cote D'Azur looks stunning from up there. Facilities somewhat average at the summit which was a shame hence only 4 stars.
Well-maintained and affordable prices - especially for families. Very friendly staff. Be aware that you can only buy tickets at The Valley station - in particular if you decide to take the walk upon Mont Farron. ;)
Just amazing view during the sun set! Nice walking. You can come There by lift or by car.
Views are very nice but the ride isn't as good. In the cabin it's very very hot (you can imagine smell with couple of people in warm day) You need to install some coolng or at least fan so children can breath.
Nice fantastic view advise everyone to try it