If you’re planning to visit a place which is rich in culture, extravagance and attractions. Then your search should stop at Toulouse. Fourth largest city in France, Toulouse has so much to offer for travellers of every kind. Its rich history gives it a significant old world charm which is hard to miss. UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Romanesque styled buildings, museums, art galleries and what not! There is so much to explore in Toulouse that you have to plan your travel properly or else you can miss out some incredible attractions.
Second only to Paris as a university centre with 110,000 students, Toulouse is home to the national Space Centre, Aerospatiale and the European shuttle program keeping up with its tradition as a leading aviation centre; St-Exupery and Mermoz flew from here on their ground breaking flights in the 1920s. There is something for everyone and you won’t be disappointed with this vibrant city.
Opera, Ballet and theatre are imbibed in Toulouse’s culture and this makes it every art lover’s paradise. The city also aces in the sports and food department. Rugby is an important game and its rugby club is one of the most popular and successful rugby unions. The Saucisse de Toulouse, a type of sausage is an important part of Toulouse’s cuisine.
Essential travel information and Toulouse tips for your visit
- Tourists are advised to research the menus and prices of numerous restaurants to choose the best quality of food served among them.
- Communication is preferably casual and informal, and regards with close association even on meeting for the first time is usual.
- Learning some of the common French vocabularies is highly advised.
- Walk along the city canals; Canal du Midi or Pont Neuf in the evening.
- Try out the different duck dishes and especially Cassoulet.
- Red flowers are advisably discouraged to be presented as gifts.
- Emphasis on personal wealth, property, and achievements are regarded as negative aspects in a person.
- Direct interaction and communication with the concerned person or persons are recommended and not indirect conversation in the hierarchical orders.
Toulouse Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Toulouse. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Toulouse trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Toulouse
Save 7%Toulouse historical walking tour
2 Hrs 30 Mins1 Reviews
Save 7%Toulouse Historical Left Bank Walking TourNew on TripHobo
Save 10%3 Day Private Lourdes Pilgrimage TourNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Toulouse E Bike Tour
3 Hrs1 Reviews
Save 10%Private Toulouse Transfer Airport to HotelNew on TripHobo
Save 13%WiFi 4g Everywhere In ToulouseNew on TripHobo