How to Reach Toulouse
- By Air: You can fly into Blagnac Airport which is 11 kms west of downtown Toulouse from cities like Paris, London, Munich and Frankfurt.
- By Train: If you would prefer to take a train, the national intercity train operator in France is SNCF and you can get inexpensive tickets from iDTGV.
- By Bus: Also, there are also major bus services from countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy and Belgium.
- By Road: Car sharing is another affordable option to get into Toulouse and is also the most popular one as train fares are relatively expensive.
- On foot: Once you are in Toulouse you can get around on foot since the city centre is so small (recommended as the best way to explore the city).
- By Bus, tramway or metros: If walking is not your thing, then opt for an alternative option. Otherwise there is an excellent bus and metro system which will get you around when it comes to longer distances.
- By Taxi: Another alternative but slightly expensive option is exploring the city by hiring a cab. You can book cabs online rather than going for the prepaid ones.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Toulouse. The most preferred mode of transport in Toulouse is Car.
Average distance: 13.33 km Average time: 33.36 min
Car 37.5%Driving 29.5 min Walking 0.17 min Overall average time for 16.58 kms 29.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 12.5%Tram 27.5 min Walking 10 min Train 9 min Waiting 1.5 min Overall average time for 10.5 kms 48 min
Train/Metro 6.25%Train 11 min Walking 4 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 20 min Walking 8.25 min Train 5.5 min Waiting 4 min Other 1.25 min Overall average time for 13.9 kms 39 min
Bike 6.25%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 7 kms 20 min