How to Reach Toulouse
- By Air: You can fly into Blagnac Airport which is 11 kms west of downtown Toulouse from cities like Paris, London, Munich and Frankfurt.
- By Train: If you would prefer to take a train, the national intercity train operator in France is SNCF and you can get inexpensive tickets from iDTGV.
- By Bus: Also, there are also major bus services from countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy and Belgium.
- By Road: Car sharing is another affordable option to get into Toulouse and is also the most popular one as train fares are relatively expensive.
- On foot: Once you are in Toulouse you can get around on foot since the city centre is so small (recommended as the best way to explore the city).
- By Bus, tramway or metros: If walking is not your thing, then opt for an alternative option. Otherwise there is an excellent bus and metro system which will get you around when it comes to longer distances.
- By Taxi: Another alternative but slightly expensive option is exploring the city by hiring a cab. You can book cabs online rather than going for the prepaid ones.