Notre Dame De La Daurade464 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Place de la Daurade, 31000 Toulouse, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-561213832
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
Once upon a time this building was dedicated to Apollo, and then Emeperor Honorius decided that it was alright if pagan houses of worship converted to Christianity. Its name was means “covered in gold” in reference to the gold leaf mosaics that once covered it. That one was established in 410, and it lasted until the 18th century when it was destroyed to make way for Toulouse’s riverside quays. The building you see to day was built in the 19th century.
Items of Note:
- 5th century column from the original basilica.
- Seven sided sanctuary of Notre Dame de la Dorade.
- Black Madonna of Toulouse.
- The Gallery Organ.
- The baptismal font.
Notre Dame De La Daurade Travel Tips
- Follow the rituals while entering this place.
Entrance Ticket Details For Notre Dame De La Daurade
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Notre Dame De La Daurade
- Metro: Line A (Esquirol) and Line B (Carmes)
- La Faim des Haricots
- La Marocain
- Fairy Chicks
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Toulouse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Toulouse and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.58% of people who visit Toulouse include Notre Dame De La Daurade in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.37% of people start their Notre Dame De La Daurade visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Notre Dame De La Daurade
93.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Notre Dame De La Daurade