Chateau De Valmer, Tours
Chateau De Valmer, Tours - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 37210 Chancy, France
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 626 times in trip plans
Religious Site, Garden, Statue, Winery, Family And Kids, Valley, Fountain
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Chateau De Valmer, Tours
This place is an estate that dates back to the Renaissance and is surrounded by 60 hectares of beautiful gardens. Situated on a hillside and overlooking the Brenne Valley, the Chateau de Valmer had been erected over the 16th and 17th centuries. Unfortunately, the original building had been destroyed in a fire in 1948 but the gardens have been restored since then.
The major highlights of the chateau are:
- Free wine tasting sessions in the cellars.
- Sculptures and fountains dating back to the 15th century.
- The seven terraced gardens, especially the Leda terrace.
- A rare cave chapel that houses a beautiful altar dating back to the 15th century.
- A flower garden and a kitchen garden that is resplendent with stunning flowers and more than 900 species of extinct fruits and vegetables.
- A number of special tours through the gardens and wine sampling sessions and workshops are organized every year.
Although the chateaux is privately owned and can’t be accessed, the gardens with their panoramic vistas from different heights and the wine sampling sessions are enough to make a day trip to this place worthwhile. The staff at the chateaux are extremely friendly and share their passion for the place with great enthusiasm.
Chateau De Valmer Information
- An attendant is allowed for free for people with disabilities and visual impairments.
- To buy wine from the chateaux, you have to make prior appointment.
- There are also facilities for guided group tours at the chateaux which you may enquire about.
Chateau De Valmer Ticket Prices
- Job seekers
- Many families
- Members of the SNHF
- children from 10 to 18 years
- Children up to 10 years.
- Members of the Royal Horticultural Society.
Free loyalty card which provides 1 free entry to the 4th visit.
Free and reduced fare for people under 18 on the 1st weekend of June, the 1st Sunday of August and 3rd weekend of September.
Restaurants Near Chateau De Valmer
- L'Antre Potes
- Restaurant Auberge de la Brenne
- Les Caves de la Croix Verte
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
Find places near Chateau De Valmer, Tours
Name: Pharmacie Derre Martine Address: 8 place de la RépubliqueDistance: 2.762 km away
Name: Bruno-Gaudreau Philippe Address: 17 rue des BastesDistance: 1.637 km away
Name: Leclerc Camille Address: 104 rue d'AmboiseDistance: 1.244 km away
Name: Denis Francis Viticulteur Address: 12 rue de la BergeonnerieDistance: 1.18 km away
Name: Gautier Magalie Address: 3 rue de la MairieDistance: 1.14 km away
Name: Moussier Sébastien Address: 9 rue NationaleDistance: 2.678 km away
Name: La Fournée Gourmande Address: 7 place de la RépubliqueDistance: 2.762 km away
Name: Pain Joël Address: 7 place de la RépubliqueDistance: 2.757 km away
Name: Cafe des Sports Cds Address: 3 place de la RépubliqueDistance: 2.752 km away
Name: Bar Restaurant la Vigne Address: 7 rue de la MairieDistance: 1.172 km away
Name: La Cremaillere Address: 5 place de la RépubliqueDistance: 2.759 km away
Name: Debelle Stephane Sebastien Address: 3 place de la RépubliqueDistance: 2.736 km away
Name: Salle Francois Rene Address: le BourgDistance: 2.641 km away
Name: La vallée de vaux Address: 19 rue du Château de Vaux, ChançayDistance: 2.565 km away