Chateau De Valmer73 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 37210 Chancy, France, Tours Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-247529312
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids
This place is an estate that dates back to the Renaissance and is surrounded by 60 hectares of beautiful gardens. Situated on a hillside and overlooking the Brenne Valley, the Chateau de Valmer had been erected over the 16th and 17th centuries. Unfortunately, the original building had been destroyed in a fire in 1948 but the gardens have been restored since then.
The major highlights of the chateau are:
- Free wine tasting sessions in the cellars.
- Sculptures and fountains dating back to the 15th century.
- The seven terraced gardens, especially the Leda terrace.
- A rare cave chapel that houses a beautiful altar dating back to the 15th century.
- A flower garden and a kitchen garden that is resplendent with stunning flowers and more than 900 species of extinct fruits and vegetables.
- A number of special tours through the gardens and wine sampling sessions and workshops are organized every year.
Although the chateaux is privately owned and can’t be accessed, the gardens with their panoramic vistas from different heights and the wine sampling sessions are enough to make a day trip to this place worthwhile. The staff at the chateaux are extremely friendly and share their passion for the place with great enthusiasm.
Chateau De Valmer Travel Tips
- An attendant is allowed for free for people with disabilities and visual impairments.
- To buy wine from the chateaux, you have to make prior appointment.
- There are also facilities for guided group tours at the chateaux which you may enquire about.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chateau De Valmer
- Job seekers
- Many families
- Members of the SNHF
- children from 10 to 18 years
- Children up to 10 years.
- Members of the Royal Horticultural Society.
Free loyalty card which provides 1 free entry to the 4th visit.
Free and reduced fare for people under 18 on the 1st weekend of June, the 1st Sunday of August and 3rd weekend of September.
- L'Antre Potes
- Restaurant Auberge de la Brenne
- Les Caves de la Croix Verte
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chateau De Valmer Address: 37210 Chancy, France, Tours
- Chateau De Valmer Contact Number: +33-247529312
- Chateau De Valmer Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Chateau De Valmer Price: 9 EUR
- Best time to visit Chateau De Valmer(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Chateau De Valmer: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.87% of people who visit Tours include Chateau De Valmer in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
68.97% of people start their Chateau De Valmer visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chateau De Valmer
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau De Valmer
People normally club together Extravagance and Lasermaxx while planning their visit to Chateau De Valmer.