Hotel De Ville De Tours, Tours
Hotel De Ville De Tours, Tours - Address, Phone Number
Address: 3 Rue des Minimes, 37000 Tours, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
War Memorial, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Hotel De Ville De Tours, Tours
Hotel de Ville de Tours or the Town Hall, as it is otherwise known as, is a beautiful tourist attraction right in the middle of the city of Tours. Built by the famous architect Victor Laloux between the years 1896 and 1904, this place is one of the prime examples of Parisian architectural brilliance.
The major highlights of the Hotel de Ville de Tours are:
Beautiful sculptures all over the exterior of the Town Hall such as:
- Four Atlantean by François Sicard in the front.
- Two caryatids (Day and Night) by the sculptor Emile Joseph Nestor Carlier on the left and right sides of the clock.
- Two elongated figures represent the Loire on the left and Cher on the right which had been sculpted by Jean-Antoine Injalbert.
- The west wing is decorated by sculptures reflecting Courage and Strength by Jean-Baptiste Hugues.
- The east wing showcases Education and Vigilance of Alphonse Shoemaker.
- An impressive clock right at the top of the monument.
- The portico stone on the ground floor that serves as an exhibition.
- The grand staircase with the war memorial.
- The superb decor of the hall and the marriage hall on the first floor along with the council chambers which contain three paintings of the Joan of Arc.
Hotel De Ville De Tours Information
- The Hotel de Ville de Tours is beautifully illuminated during the evenings along with the well-lit fountains which continuously change colour, making it the perfect time to take an evening stroll around the building.
- Be careful while crossing the street to take pictures of the hotel, as the magnificence of the hotel can blind you to the traffic on the road.
How To reach Hotel De Ville De Tours by Public Transport
- The Gare de Tours railway station is a mere 650 metres (8 minute walk) away from the Hotel de Ville de Tours.
Restaurants Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Le P’tit Creux
- La Mie Caline
- Chez Duong
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.