Hotel De Ville De Tours
About Hotel De Ville De Tours, Tours
Hotel de Ville de Tours or the Town Hall, as it is otherwise known as, is a beautiful tourist attraction right in the middle of the city of Tours. Built by the famous architect Victor Laloux between the years 1896 and 1904, this place is one of the prime examples of Parisian architectural brilliance.
The major highlights of the Hotel de Ville de Tours are:
Beautiful sculptures all over the exterior of the Town Hall such as:
- Four Atlantean by François Sicard in the front.
- Two caryatids (Day and Night) by the sculptor Emile Joseph Nestor Carlier on the left and right sides of the clock.
- Two elongated figures represent the Loire on the left and Cher on the right which had been sculpted by Jean-Antoine Injalbert.
- The west wing is decorated by sculptures reflecting Courage and Strength by Jean-Baptiste Hugues.
- The east wing showcases Education and Vigilance of Alphonse Shoemaker.
- An impressive clock right at the top of the monument.
- The portico stone on the ground floor that serves as an exhibition.
- The grand staircase with the war memorial.
- The superb decor of the hall and the marriage hall on the first floor along with the council chambers which contain three paintings of the Joan of Arc.
Hotel De Ville De Tours Information
- The Hotel de Ville de Tours is beautifully illuminated during the evenings along with the well-lit fountains which continuously change colour, making it the perfect time to take an evening stroll around the building.
- Be careful while crossing the street to take pictures of the hotel, as the magnificence of the hotel can blind you to the traffic on the road.
How To Get To Hotel De Ville De Tours by Public Transport
- The Gare de Tours railway station is a mere 650 metres (8 minute walk) away from the Hotel de Ville de Tours.
Restaurants Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Le P’tit Creux
- La Mie Caline
- Chez Duong
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Hotel De Ville De Tours Tickets And Tours
Enjoy a small group tour in the heart of the Royal Valley: see three of the major chateaux of the region and taste some excellent local wines. Today you will visit Blois, once siege of power, Cheverny, the quintessence of French furniture and Chambord, a dream come true, and have lunch on King Francis I's wine.
Enjoy a small group day tour in the heart of the Royal Valley: tour three of the major chateaux of the region and taste some of the excellent local wines. Today you will discover Chenonceau, also called the Â«Ladies' chÃ¢teauÂ», the Amboise Royal Castle, residence of Francois I, Leonardo Da Vinci in le Clos LucÃ© and have lunch with matured Loire Valley wines.
Discover the Loire Valley and visit its 2 most prestigious castles in one great day: impressive ChÃ¢teau de Chambord and stunning Chenonceau. Learn about the intimate little secrets of the French Kings who once lived there. Enjoy off-the-crowd panoramic views thanks to your local guide, benefit from wealth of thrilling genuine details and funny anecdotes and make the most of this exciting day. One of the highlights will definitely be a restful lunch away from tourist groups in a beautiful privately-owned castle still inhabited by the family.
Share your experience - Rate Hotel De Ville De Tours, Tours
- Nearby Attractions
- Escape Yourself
- Cloister Of La Psalette
- Le Gros Bar
- Chateau De Valmer
- Strapontin Cafe
- Museum D'historie Naturelle De Tours
- Gadawi Park
- Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- 5 Star Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Budget Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Cheap Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Luxury Hotels Near Hotel De Ville De Tours
- Tours Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Tours
- 2 Days in Tours
- 3 Days in Tours
- 4 Days in Tours
- 5 Days in Tours
- 6 Days in Tours
- 7 Days in Tours