Jardin Botanique De Tours, Tours
Jardin Botanique De Tours, Tours - Address, Phone Number
Address: 35 Boulevard Tonnelle, 37000 Tours, France
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:45 am - 09:30 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Green House
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Jardin Botanique De Tours, Tours
Termed as the city’s oldest public garden, the Jardin Botanique de Tours is a municipal botanical garden in the city of Tours. The major highlights of the garden are as follows:
- Covers an area of 5 hectares.
- Constructed in the year 1843 at the initiative taken by the pharmacist Jean-Anthyme Margueron with the help of money raised through public subscription.
- Survived through many natural and man-made disasters over the years and has been remodeled quite a number of times.
- Houses a bio-diverse collection of greenhouses, an orangery and an animal park.
- More than 2,000 species of medicinal and exotic plants arranged throughout the gardens that makes it a haven for students and botany enthusiasts.
- The animal park that serves as a point of interest for both young and old people with its collection of wallabies, flamingoes, turtles, kangaroos and so on.
The garden also acts as a great place for relaxation, conducting small picnics and enjoying short breaks with two playgrounds having swings and sound games being open for children ranging between 4-12 years. The park has abundant benches for people to sit and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
Jardin Botanique De Tours Information
- Ball games are not allowed in the Jardin Botanique de Tours.
- Guided tours of the Botanical Garden are also organised for small groups on request.
- Only the lawns and playgrounds adjacent to the south of the garden and which are a part of the extension of the garden in the north side to the orangery are accessible to the people for picnics and walks. The general public is prohibited to enter all the other lawns in the Jardin Botanique de Tours.
Jardin Botanique De Tours Opening and Closing Hours
- The mini farm in the Botanical Gardens is open from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am and from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm. On Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, it is open from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
- The Bio-diverse collection of greenhouses are open daily from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
How To reach Jardin Botanique De Tours by Public Transport
- The gardens can be accessed by the Blue Line buses, namely, 3B, 4A and 4B.
Restaurants Near Jardin Botanique De Tours
- Restaurant Au Gue de Louis XI
- La Cuisine de Georges
- Le Bar Claire
- La Riche Kebab
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jardin Botanique De Tours, Tours Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful place to walk or to sit and read. A dedicated team of gardeners work hard to keep this garden perfect throughout the four seasons.
Something for everyone. Exotic plants and trees. Animals and birds. Well cared for
Lovely little park on the egde of Tours, we walk a little while but it's worth the visit as there are lovely plants and even animals. Little smaller than expected but completely free. Who would have thought you can watch flamingos in France.
Beautiful gardens! Smaller space than I expected but really worth the visit
Relaxing park in centre of Tours. Filled with well maintained varied flower displays. Shady place to eat a sandwich and catch up with friends or to pass the time.. opposite Hospital Bretonneau, by river Loire. Cafe in park. Kids play area. Flamingos and peacocks.